What's the best mattress for someone with a back problem?

My husband and I are looking for a new mattress. We've had ours since we've been married, and that's been 17 and a half years. I have back pain between the shoulder blades (too much computer usage) and I often wake up stiff all over. Is there a type of mattress we should be looking for? Maybe a Sleep Number or a Therapedic?

tinamatt

Asked by tinamatt at 9:08 AM on May. 3, 2011 in Health

• My husband has back trouble and we have had Sleep Number bed for about 3 years now. He loves it, and I do think it has helped his back. He doesn't seem to have as much trouble now.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:12 AM on May. 3, 2011

• Everyone with back problems swears by the memory foam/therapedic! They say it actually decreases the pain and have never had a better night of sleep. You can google reviews to find out the best namebrand and durability.
    AmyLynn5398

Answer by AmyLynn5398 at 9:12 AM on May. 3, 2011

• I recommend Tempurpedic like 1000%! Ours ROCKS! We both have back issues(I have scoliosis) and this bed is SOOO comfortable and supportive!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:45 AM on May. 3, 2011

• I have arthritis and my sleep number bed with the memory foam topper is the best of both worlds for me!
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 9:46 AM on May. 3, 2011

• I have heard Tempurpedic is good or a sleep number bed
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 9:50 AM on May. 3, 2011

• I've had chronic back pain for years and got a sleep number bed in January. Hubby & I both love it!
    zradiogirl

Answer by zradiogirl at 12:09 PM on May. 3, 2011