How to stop my baby from scratching?

My 2 month old son will not stop scratching his face. i keep his nails cut and he hates the mittens. why do they scratch their face and is there any way to stop.

mama28th

Asked by mama28th at 2:19 PM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Im afraid there isnt.

My daughter did the same for a few weeks. She didnt like mittens, nor did it help to keep the nails cut. :(

That was just something we had to deal with. Instead of the mittens we just tried some baby socks. but she didnt like that either :(
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 2:22 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• If u can just keep putting the mittens on r keep his nails cut there is to much u can do bout that
    Mz.PhatPhat

Answer by Mz.PhatPhat at 2:26 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Cute and file. Filing them will make them less rough. It would fix the problem 100% but I think it will eliminate or cut down on the deepness and will hopefully eliminate blood drawing. Its hard to file their nails, but worth it!
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 2:34 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• my 9 month old STILL scratches his face... I trim his nails all the time.. not much more you can do except hope they dont do it the night before your getting portraits done!! (yeah--that happened to us)
    AMsMommy212

Answer by AMsMommy212 at 2:35 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Lol It wasnt supposed to say will liminate 100% was supposed to say wouldn't lol!
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 2:35 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• he may hate the mittens but if you want it to stop that is my suggestion
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 3:51 PM on Dec. 4, 2008