Do u want to know

the names of people your s/o had sex with in the past or b4 u started to date? is it all right to ask if he slept with someone u know before u were dating? should u tell your bf if one of his friends comes on to u?

bethany0199

Asked by bethany0199 at 9:18 AM on May. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• I don't wanna know their names. I will occasionally ask if I get that vibe from a girl that he is talking to and doesn't introduce me (happens rarely), and yes I would and have told him if his friends come on to me.
    firepony

Answer by firepony at 9:20 AM on May. 3, 2011

• I don't care about his sex life before me; I wouldn't want him being nosy about mine, so I would respect his as well.

Would you want to know if one of your GFs was coming on to your guy? That should tell you if he should know if one of his friends comes on to you. Relationships are 2-way streets.
    EgoTryptophan

Answer by EgoTryptophan at 9:24 AM on May. 3, 2011

• I wouldn't want to know. My husband didn't go to high school with me, but his first girlfriend and the one he lost his virginity to did. I could have gone without that info, even though we weren't exactly friends. His past and your past should stay in the PAST! Move forward.
    eluc

Answer by eluc at 9:26 AM on May. 3, 2011

• we have openly talked about our sexual past but that is b/c we have known each other for years and grew up as neighbors and went to the same schools. I am in no way threatend by his sexual past nor knowing the names of them either.
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 9:27 AM on May. 3, 2011

• There wasn't anyone before me, so there's nothing to know.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:28 AM on May. 3, 2011

• I know some of their names, because they came up in conversation (like the girl he lived with for 2 years - he never said he had sex with her, but I'm pretty sure they did! :)), but I never asked about them - he was 38 when we married so I'm not even sure he could remember all of their names, and it doesn't bother me.
    As long as he didn't sleep with them after we were dating, I don't care who he slept with before we were dating.
    Yes, if one of his friends came on to me I would tell him. But he told me one time an acquaintance of his was hitting on me when a bunch of us were out together and I never even noticed!

Answer by missanc at 9:39 AM on May. 3, 2011

• Don't care about names. I would tell if his bf came onto me.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 9:40 AM on May. 3, 2011

• No when I have a new bf I only want to know three things one is he disease free? two, is he kind? Three, is he ready to be a part of a couple that owns a fortune five thousand company. and maybe four does he have goals for himself and us as a couple. After that who cares if the sexual experiences were safe and taught him how to..........

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:41 AM on May. 3, 2011

• We've talked about sexual partners, but names uh no thanks. We discussed one girl b/c he has a son with her, and I have a son with someone else, so that's about it. And I would absolutely tell my DH if one of his friend's came on to me right after I bit** slapped the dude for trying!
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 9:59 AM on May. 3, 2011

• I really wouldn't want to know before we started dating. I wouldn't want to tell him whom I had slept with either in the past! .
    officemgr59

Answer by officemgr59 at 10:14 AM on May. 3, 2011