Who gets the mothers day weekend?

Parenting time order states the bio mom gets every weekend except the first weekend of the month well this month its mothers day weekend. She is arguing with hubby saying my step son should be with her I feel he should be with his mom but she is not willing to switch the following weekend also she will have him fathers day on her weekend and has planned a trip that weekend so the bio basically want him mothers day fathers day and us to loose our only weekend in may should we let him go mothers day or stick to the order

rinamomof2

Asked by rinamomof2 at 9:21 AM on May. 3, 2011 in General Parenting

• If she is gonna be a bitch, stick to the order.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 9:37 AM on May. 3, 2011

• Since she won't work with you for Father's Day weekend or even switch with you for this month I wouldn't work with her on Mother's Day weekend. Let her know if she's willing to work with you, you are willing to work with her, but you're not giving up your only weekend for the month to accomdate her.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:26 AM on May. 3, 2011

• It should state in the order that she gets the kids on Mothers day and Dad gets em on fathers day? Every custody order I have seen the mom gets them for mothers day and the father gets them for fathers day. It doesn't matter whose weekend it is Holidays override them as long as its in the order.
    firepony

Answer by firepony at 9:27 AM on May. 3, 2011

• Our order states that I get the kids Mother's Day weekend and my ex gets them Father's Day weekend. I would give her the option to swap holidays. If she doesn't agree, that's her choice.

Answer by missanc at 9:33 AM on May. 3, 2011

• Our court order gives me mothers day, gives dad fathers day. I dont know any court order out there that doesnt cover that? Everyone I know whose divorced with a custody agreement knows thats the deal. It doesnt matter whose weekend is whose. My son lives with his dad right now, and I have had him every weekend since April 10th, plus his spring break, and I will have him all summer. His dads been complaining because I have his weekends, but the court order spells it out for us and it doesnt matter. I get these weekends because its just the way it worked out. I told him next year when I have our son he will have the same weekends, so it all comes out in the wash. For us spending as much time with each of us is most important, even if one of us feels slighted we do whats right for our son.

Answer by gemgem at 9:24 AM on May. 3, 2011

• If she won't do the same for you then too bad for her. Make sure you spell it out and get it in writing if you do agree to the switch, so she doesn't back out later.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:28 AM on May. 3, 2011

• If she is not going to give up fathers day than stick to the order and she's sol or allow her some visit time on mothers day but not the entire weekend i.e from 10am-7pm on sunday and if she refuses that than oh well for her and you guys can celebrate mother's and father's day this weekend since she is not allowing your dh his father's day.
    Genice6

Answer by Genice6 at 9:35 AM on May. 3, 2011

• If she will not compromise and give your DH the Father's Day weekend, then I say make her stick to the order and it is just too bad for her. It really sucks being a part of a blended family around the holidays.
    Kelly502

Answer by Kelly502 at 9:43 AM on May. 3, 2011

• Why don't you just ask to swap for the holidays? That way, both get their holidays- and it works out that you get your weekend back.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 9:29 AM on May. 3, 2011

• According to your other posts, the mom only gets to see him on the weekends (with the exception of the first weekend). Just stick with the order. Celebrate Father's Day the first weekend in June. No point in fighting over something so trivial.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:30 AM on May. 3, 2011