OMG WHAT DO I DO??

I just ate a bite of undercooked chicken (I mean VERY undercooked-White on outside pink on inside) and swallowed it before I knew it was still raw. I threw the rest of it out and called the restaurant where I got it to let them know. Do I need to call my doc? Go throw it up? Will I be okay? I am 28 weeks pregnant.

LovinEveryDay

Asked by LovinEveryDay at 2:24 PM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Food & Drink

• First off... the place where you got it from is a joke! :-/

But other than that there shouldnt be anything to worry about. It was just a little piece. Thats not gonna harm your baby. If you make yourself throw up that will probably harm you and the baby more than taking another bite. ;)

Bring the food back, get your money and relax. Its all good :D I doubt any nurse would tell you different.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 2:32 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• If it was just one bite I think it would be ok...but you can always call your doc/nurse just to be sure and have some piece of mind

What the hell anyways?Raw chicken from a restuarant?I would go and get my $ back!Grosss!
    tomsbrandi

Answer by tomsbrandi at 2:26 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I'd call the doc, just in case.. I really think you'll be okay though.. try drinking something acidic, like lime juice or lemon juice straight up, that'll cook the raw chicken inside of you. Can't think of anything else..
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 2:26 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• CALL YOUR DR
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 2:27 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Its one of my fav restaurants and this has never happened before. Since I order from them a lot they credited my acct. for next time.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 2:40 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Glad to know that you got your money back. If you can not find a better answer here, call the doctor. Have you search previously asked and answered questions? Just be prepared for everything to come out of your system! With one bit there is no telling how your tummy will take it.

wmbeener

Answer by wmbeener at 3:15 PM on Dec. 4, 2008