Did waterboarding techniques bring about Bin Laden's death? If it was used and helped in the process of finding him and killing him has it changed your stance on waterboarding?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:26 AM on May. 3, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I think somewhere along the line it did and it would not change my stance because I am ALL for it.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:40 AM on May. 3, 2011

• my stance is if that was what brought him down then i am all for it!! I think people are getting to emotional about how this came about! Did you not forget what they did to our twin towers!!! My DH is a soldier and i have no problem with the techniques they use to bring these terrorists down, for the simple fact that they don't either. I have sacrificed enough of my family life to not care how they brought him down and am ready for whatever takes place to ensure that this comes to and end.
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 9:30 AM on May. 3, 2011

• no, not at all
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:31 AM on May. 3, 2011

• Did you not forget what they did to our twin towers!!! -

apparently, 10yrs is long enough to forget something so devastating.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:33 AM on May. 3, 2011

• Has always happened, will always happen, nothing is going to change that. It doesn't really matter how we feel about it, who we elect, or what party is in charge - we're honestly irrelevant. A unified global protest would not change the fact that it's going to continue to happen. Try every world leader on the planet for Geneva violations, and it's going to continue to happen. We were all happier when it wasn't nearly as easy for it to be exposed so we have to acknowledge that our entire civilization is built on the ugly side of war, not just people sitting around sharing a beer and making nice.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:34 AM on May. 3, 2011

• I was all for it to begin with. I think this just proves if they used it that it works.

Answer by gemgem at 9:42 AM on May. 3, 2011

• Ronald Reagan was against it

and I agree with him

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:06 AM on May. 3, 2011

• No - I'm still against it ... we are either a country of laws and principles that work, or we are not. I despise those who insist on the Christian nature of our country and principles, yet who take no issue with torturing another human being.
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 10:26 AM on May. 3, 2011

• I have heard info came from waterboarding and from other intel gained at GITMO.

I have no problem with waterboarding or similiar interrogation techniqes such as sleep deprivation. I don't consider them torture and neither does my husband who has been waterboarded.

If you think this kind of stuff has stopped you are just deluding yourself.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:15 AM on May. 3, 2011

• Since President Obama has claimed to no longer use those techniques, I'm going to go with not. Otherwise, there would be a tremendous backlash from his own people. I may not agree with most of Obama's beliefs in running the country- but I do believe he would take that claim seriously.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 9:33 AM on May. 3, 2011