VENTING !! VENTING !! VENTING !!

Im 20 weeks and 4 days pregnant and i've been feeling the baby move since 17 weeks and i havent been feeling it move for the past 2 to 3 days so i called my doctor's office this morning to see if they can see me today and only day they could of saw me was thursday and i asked if there was anything for today and she said hold on let me ask one of the other nurses and the other nurse got on the phone and said for me to go to straight to the L&D and my mom told me to tell her whats going on once i find out what they tell me what to do and so i told her and she started yelling at me saying she cant miss work to take me the hospital and that the baby is fine that she dont see no point in me going to the hospital cus then she's gonna have to watch my daughter if i go i told her your not carrying this baby i am and if i have to go im gonna go im so pist off right now i just feel like telling her off .what can i do to tell her right before i blow up .

alexia_09

Asked by alexia_09 at 9:48 AM on May. 3, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Okay, deeeep breath. 20 weeks is way to soon to worry about lack of movement. They don't generally worry about movement until about 27 to 30 weeks. Calm down and put your feet up. It's not their fault. All they will do is either put you on the fetal monitor for a half hour, or check the baby's heart rate and send you on your way.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:52 AM on May. 3, 2011

• First breath and relax. Is there anyone else could watch your dd? If not you should calmly (well try) tell her that this baby is more important then her job. And she should want to help you in this matter not make things harder for you this is your child her grandchild. GL. I will be praying that all is well.
    EJKZ

Answer by EJKZ at 9:58 AM on May. 3, 2011

• EJKZ@ No there's noone that can watch my daughter this early in the morning its 9:00 am over here where i live and everybody here is working or busy with other things and my husband dont get out till 3 or 4 pm so i guess im gonna have to wait for him .
    alexia_09

Comment by alexia_09 (original poster) at 10:01 AM on May. 3, 2011

• Just take a deep breath and count to ten....I would not worry so much at 20 weeks its after 26 that you would worry a bit...but sometimes they can just be resting they are growing at a fast rate...if it continues, try shaking your belly, drink some caffine, walk around. If those dot work then if your still worried then go to the doctor its your life your baby!! wooo sahhh!!!
    mrs.keen

Answer by mrs.keen at 10:02 AM on May. 3, 2011

• wonder why in the world she wanted to to go to labor and delivery, you're probably not doing either of those things! Take your daughter with you, I've done it and would do it again. They will probably do an ultrasound to check heart beat.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 10:06 AM on May. 3, 2011

• Why don't you take your daughter with you?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:32 AM on May. 3, 2011

• I had that problem on and off when I was pregnant. I drank Koolaid and waited for the kicks!
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 11:32 AM on May. 3, 2011

• Take your child with you to the hospital, it's not that big of a deal. That way you can get checked out and you won't have to worry about who has your child.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:34 AM on May. 3, 2011

• For those who said to take my daughter first of all hospital is a worse place you can take a 2 yr old I dont think they will even let her go in with me im going by myself also so theres no way im taking her
    alexia_09

Comment by alexia_09 (original poster) at 2:01 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I have had to take my daughter to labor and delivery several times. I even had to get my cervix checked and held a bag of snacks by my head so she would stay there and not figure out what was going on(I was fully covered with a sheet). My husband works out of state. You do what you have to do. But I'm sure you are fine.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:14 PM on May. 3, 2011