How do you cook your roast? ( not crock pot, oven style)

Mrs_Harsh

Asked by Mrs_Harsh at 9:51 AM on May. 3, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I use the oven bags for pot roast and for an arm roast I season the outside with season salt, garlic powder and black pepper and roast it to medium and slice it thin.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:54 AM on May. 3, 2011

• It depends on how I want it and what type of roast. I don't like to use my large oven, I usually use my electric roaster and throw potatoes and carrots in it as well. Sometimes we use the grill too.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:54 AM on May. 3, 2011

• I usually cook mine in a crock pot on low for 8 hours...but when I do fix them in the oven,
    I just put it in a pan with about two inches of water and add seasoning to it.. Cover the pan in Foil and cook for 3 hours on 350
    mrs.keen

Answer by mrs.keen at 9:54 AM on May. 3, 2011

• I wash and cube potatoes, onions and carrots, place them in the bottom of the roasting pan. Salt and pepper the roast on all sides, place on top of the veggies. Rub the top with minced garlic, cover and roast at 350 degrees.

http://tipnut.com/roast-beef-chart/

The link has a chart for how long to cook different cuts of meat.

SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:56 AM on May. 3, 2011

• about the same as the other ladys, pan / seasoning/ water/ veggies and cover with either a roasting lid or tinfoil depending on how big the roast is.....
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 9:59 AM on May. 3, 2011

• What SleepingBeautee said, and I cover just the bottom of the pan with some beef broth and worcestershire sauce..
    Fawn80

Answer by Fawn80 at 10:10 AM on May. 3, 2011

• in those oven roasting bags.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 10:31 AM on May. 3, 2011

• I use the roasting bags. I put in a little water, a packet of Lipton beefy onion soup mix, cubed potatoes, carrots, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:48 AM on May. 3, 2011

• I use an oven roasting bag and I put in carrots, onions, celery, garlic, and maybe some potatoes. I brown my roast in flour, put it in the roasting bag, then add some wine, a packet of onion soup mix, and sometimes a can of cream of mushroom soup. Then I cook it for the time recommended based on the roast size. I love the gravy it makes. I serve the roast with peas and rice.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 10:49 AM on May. 3, 2011

• Brown it, put carrots in bottom of pan, put roast on top of them, season as you like, pour in enough Coca Cola Classic to reach about the middle of the roast, (probably about the same amount as when water is used) and throw it in the oven. We usually let it cook awhile before adding potatoes, mushrooms, etc so they don't get all mushy. I put the carrots on the bottom as the roast cooks more evenly that way.
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 11:02 AM on May. 3, 2011