I'm 36 and just found out I have adenmyosis and i have to have a hysterectomy has anyone ever had one at my age? How did you feel afterwards? were there any side effects?

please only answer if you've had one.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on May. 3, 2011 in Health

• I had my uterus and cervix removed 4 days after my 38th birthday.   Since I was done having kids, I was glad to be rid of it.  It has been 10 liberating years of no periods, no mess, no maintenance, no birth control, no pap smears and most of all no worries!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 12:03 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I had my hysterectomy at 30.  I had a fully hysterectomy which means the uterus and cervix are removed but ovaries left.  Removal of ovaries is a completely different procedure name.  Anyways just removal of uterus isn't bad.  I had mine removed vaginally so very little scaring.  I was sore for a few days.  But for the most part recovery was fairly simple.  Now if you are having your ovaries out as well, it will be a little rougher ride.  I had my ovaries out when I was 36.  Getting the right hormone adjustment was a pain lol.

Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:11 AM on May. 3, 2011

• I had a hysterectomy due to ovarian cancer. They got out all the cancer! thank God!!! I am blessed! cancer free!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on May. 3, 2011

• Oh and I felt wonderful emotionallly after my hysterectomy.  My uterus was worthless to me once I was done having kids!!!!  A uterus free life has been a good one!

Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:12 AM on May. 3, 2011

• my sister had one in her thirties...not sure if ovaries were removed but she was fine afterwards, she had a FULL sex life no complications that i was aware of. good luck
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 10:16 AM on May. 3, 2011

• Zakysmommy-a total hysterectomy includes all the female parts tubes,uterus,cervix and the ovaries. Thank u.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 10:23 AM on May. 3, 2011

• Dancer, no it doesn't. A total hysterectomy with a bilateral salphling-oopherectomy is revmoal of uterus, tubes, cervix and ovaries, Thank YOU
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:25 AM on May. 3, 2011

• Oh and not trying to sound bitchy :).
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:38 AM on May. 3, 2011