Dilation question... 31 weeks 5 days adult content

I am 31 weeks 5 days and was dilated to 1 almost 2 cm when I was 29 weeks I did a self check before I called the doctor and knew I was 1 almost 2 cm my doctor when I was pregnant with my daughter taught me how because I went into preterm labor with her at 30 weeks.

Well I did another self check today and could fit 2 almost 3 fingers in easily how dilated am I now I just knew that if I could fit one finger in it was 1 or 2 cm dilated but now its 2 almost a full 3 fingers in how far dilated am I ?

I was told I was in preterm labor and told to be on light bed rest because I was having constant contrations, latly ive been having contractions and pressure like baby pushing down all night last night

mommyof0210

Asked by mommyof0210 at 10:07 AM on May. 3, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Um go to the doctor :)
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 10:08 AM on May. 3, 2011

• Go to the doctor.U could stay at 2cm for weeks. My sister stayed at 2 for almost one month.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 10:15 AM on May. 3, 2011

• I have NO freaking clue, I never had a desire to check my own dialation. Besides you can stay at 2-3cm for WEEKS
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:24 AM on May. 3, 2011

• Honestly I would stop doing cervical checks. They can introduce bacteria into your cervix, diliation doesn't always give you an accurate measurement for how close labor is.
    Daltonswife

Answer by Daltonswife at 10:35 AM on May. 3, 2011

• I was 4 cm for 3 weeks, it doesn't mean you're in labor. I think if you're that concerned go see your OB and make sure.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:42 AM on May. 3, 2011

• Just like first time moms can stay 1 cm dilated for weeks- I heard that it is just as common for second time moms to stay 2-3 cm dilated. for weeks. I agree with Daltonswife- stop doing cervical checks and let you midwife/ob know that you think you are dilated so much and just take their advice. Doing cervical checks too frequently can cause swelling, stretching, bleeding, contractions, and if you aren't careful- infections.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 10:52 AM on May. 3, 2011

• I was dialated at 2 for a whole month, and my sister was at one for two months!!! I honestly think it is different for everyone!!! Honestly I never would trust myslef to be very good at checking myself! If you are concerend though it is always good to contact your doctor!!
    cjshanta88

Answer by cjshanta88 at 11:09 AM on May. 3, 2011

• Stop doing self checks, it introduces bateria, and can cause labor... I was at 2 cm for 6 weeks. Let nature take it's course and stop worrying. If you start having contractions, then call your doctor.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 11:28 AM on May. 3, 2011

• I have no idea! :(

Definately call your doctor and let them know what you are doing and why you are concerned.

They will offer you the best advise :)

Good Luck! Hope you figure it out.
    mamawhit

Answer by mamawhit at 5:13 PM on May. 3, 2011