So pissed and I've had it....

So my SO was supposed to cook last night, the ONLY night of the week I ask him to. He didn't. Poor baby had a slight headache and the only way to fix that was to sit on his ass and watch tv all night. When I explained to him that I was bothered by his lack of doing anything he "raised" his voice at me. So I went to bed at 6:30 PM. I'm upset because this happens all the time. He doesn't help me with cooking, cleaning anything and I work full time too. This morning I was sending him an e-mail telling him how I feel about EVERYTHING when my 14-year old was yelling at me to get ready to take her to school. I explained to her that I was in the middle of something and if she could please be quiet so I could finish, I'd appreciate it. She kept going on. I asked her to shut her piehole and she kept it up. So I took her phone away. We got in the car and I turned on the music very quietly. She slammed it off. I turned it on and asked her not to do that. She slammed it off. I took her to school and before she got out I asked her to please not slam the door. She slammed it as hard as she could. I was very upset so I drove home instead of going to work. SO called me and asked me what was going on. I asked him if he read the e-mail. He said yes. I told him what my daughter did. I then told him that I'm sick of it all and that I think it would just be better if I packed my crap and moved out. I've NEVER said this to him before. His response? "Oh, well I have to go. Love you." What the hell?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on May. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• Sorry. That sucks. I have similar issues...but I married him. So if you aren't sure then make sure you don't take that step. because things don't get better. As for him not cooking....I would have gotten myself a bowl of cereal and told everyone else to fend for themselves. Or maybe make a schedule as to who cooks on what day. Then if there is no food the kiddo knows who to blame.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 10:56 AM on May. 3, 2011

• He was probably attempting to multi-task and failed horribly, I doubt he even heard what you said, how typical right. Ahh teenage girls, how I'm dreading it! You poor momma, I know you're completely pissed and would do anything right now to get your point across to him. I'd be pissed too!
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 10:59 AM on May. 3, 2011

• OMG. If I was you I would pack those bags. Maybe get a room for a few days. Yoiu need to get away from him to give yourself some "me" time. Good luck.
    Mom1127-0125

Answer by Mom1127-0125 at 10:58 AM on May. 3, 2011

• This used to be a problem for me years ago. I packed a bag turned off my phone and went to a hotel for 2 nights even tho I wanted to go home I didn't I got great rest I wrote down all that was good and bad in my life before check out I burned the list and went home with a new attitude I took control and changed things in my home the hubby had a new Outlook and relied how valuable I was and got on board I put my foot down and it worked. Take time for yourself to prepare for what u really want and make it happen captain. Good puck
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 10:58 AM on May. 3, 2011

• ThatBoysMom--I do NOT do that often. I have NEVER done that, read my situation again. The last part states that I've NEVER said that to him before. And I do not settle things right away when people yell at me.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:02 AM on May. 3, 2011

• I would just take a deep breath and realize things could be worse. I would love to be able to yell at my husband for not cooking on his night of the week but I will never be able to do that again. Some things really aren't worth getting so upset over. Wish I could hear my husband tell me he loves me but that also will never happen again. He loves you, wants you to relax so just let it go. Spend time with him while he's around. I got an a ridiculous argument with my husband the night he died and hate to see this type of thing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on May. 3, 2011

• You started a whole big deal with everyone over this? You probably should have settled it that night. It kind of sounds like you also do things like this often by the way your husband responded. Some things aren't worth fighting over. To me, this is one of them.
    ThatBoysMom

Answer by ThatBoysMom at 10:59 AM on May. 3, 2011