Whats the best way to loose weight while prego?

Im on that slim 3-2-1 diet and I recently found out that there is a possibility that I might be prego! Please Help!!!

cjshanta88

Asked by cjshanta88 at 11:04 AM on May. 3, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Stop taking Slimfast ASAP. And just eat right. You'll be creating a human being, losing weight should be the last thing on your mind right now.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 11:04 AM on May. 3, 2011

• you don't want to lose weight while preggo :) If you do your doctor will have you on all these extra medications that the baby doesn't need :)
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 11:06 AM on May. 3, 2011

• Um...wait until baby is born and start over. That is the best way. If you are in fact over weight, just eat very healthy and you actually can lose/maintain and make a healthy baby. You never want to TRY to loose weight while pregnant.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:06 AM on May. 3, 2011

• I don't really think it's healthy to be trying to LOSE weight when your trying to grow a person...maybe you should wait until after your baby is born hun
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 11:06 AM on May. 3, 2011

• You should NEVER try to lose weight while your prengnant. Just eat healthy and exercise.
    jmgblair10

Answer by jmgblair10 at 11:09 AM on May. 3, 2011

• Stop dieting if you are pregnant! It's not healthy for the baby or you.

I was overweight when I found out I was pregnant & by the time I delivered, I weighed 20 lbs less than before I was pregnant. It was awesome! I also breastfed and lost weight from that. I didn't need to diet after the pregnancy because I'd lost so much w/o trying while pregnant & breastfeeding.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on May. 3, 2011

• Thanks you guys!!! I was afraid I was going to have to start over!!! Then on top of that being over weight from my last baby, the doctor doesnt want me to gain to much either!!! So its really hard!!! :)
    cjshanta88

Comment by cjshanta88 (original poster) at 11:12 AM on May. 3, 2011

• Like all the other mom's said. Losing weight while pregnant is a no-no. Any DECENT doctor will tell you so. I was trying to lose weight before I got pregnant for the second time. Eating regularly and exercising normally I am staying the same weight I was before getting pregnant. The baby is growing, and I'm shrinking a little bit :) I am 6 mos along now and weigh 190 lbs. I should weigh about 140-145 lbs, but you know....:) Whatever, I'll lose it after the beeba is born :) For now, I'm just thankful I have a healthy pregnancy.
    alphamom26

Answer by alphamom26 at 11:12 AM on May. 3, 2011

• You need to focus on eating right and making sure you get good nutrition to your baby. If you eat right, you can keep your weight gain to a minimum, so you're not starting over. Eating clean is a great way to eat that's very good for pregnancy, and a great way to lose weight HEALTHFULLY once you're done being pregnant.  Here's a link to my journal with the basics.  I managed to keep my weight gain to 12 lbs while I was pregnant by eating right and exercising (I was exercising to begin with).  I've also lost 61 lbs now eating clean and running.  You definitely need to talk to your doctor about how much weight to gain.  My doctor advised me to try to keep my weight the same through my pregnancy, because I started at 232.

Good luck!

musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:16 AM on May. 3, 2011

• I agree with above posters, do not diet while pregnant!!
    Eat right/healthy and the baby will grow as he/she needs to and you may start seeing lbs come off even though baby is getting enough. You could try walking a mile or doing like prenatal yoga or something... as well.

Best of luck to you! And don't worry about weight right now, you can lose it all after the baby.
    mamawhit

Answer by mamawhit at 5:09 PM on May. 3, 2011