Signs and symptoms of depression??

Lately i have been extremely exhausted. I actually thought i was pregnant just because of how drained i have been. Im not pregnant, but i do take care of 3 kids. One a 1-1/2 yr old and 2 others who are 6 months old. Its really not as bad as what you would think. But i thought maybe this was the reason i have been sooo tired. But last night i cried till i fell asleep. Everyday i think about the things that have happened to me. I wish i didnt, because i have a great life now with my husband and daughter! Im afraid that if i dont learn how to deal with my past, then im never going to get over it and im going to keep feeling like this. And i wanna be sure that i can give my daughter my 100%. I dont wanna be grouchy and rude just because im not happy.

Could i possibly be depressed or am i just being stupid?

Mommy103110

Asked by Mommy103110 at 11:11 AM on May. 3, 2011 in Health

• You could be depressed. Call a therapist.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 11:12 AM on May. 3, 2011

• No, you can be depressed. People don't understand that they can have all the money in the world, the best husband on earth, the coolest kids---and still be depressed.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 11:13 AM on May. 3, 2011

• talk to your doctor about this it could be depression
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 11:31 AM on May. 3, 2011

• I want to talk to someone but at the same time i dont. Its hard to explain. I know i probably need to..but i really dont want to talk to anyone about it. It usually just makes me feel worse. I dont really believe in therapist or counseling. Nothing you do can take what happened away...yes, it could help you learn how to deal with it. But i feel like talking to someone just drags it out longer. And the therapist that i went to a year ago..told me "I cant help you, you will have to talk to someone else" and then told me to hold on..she went to another room then came back and said... this is what were going to do the 12 step program. Ok...so she tells me the things i have been thru are so fucked up a professional cant even do anything for me..but then comes back withs ome 12 step bullshit like she knows what she is doing, when she clearly said she couldnt help.
    Mommy103110

Comment by Mommy103110 (original poster) at 11:38 AM on May. 3, 2011

• I walked in that building feeling helpless...and left feeling so much worse!
    Mommy103110