My hubby is checkung my history on my computer why?

I work on my computer and use it for personal he confronted me on a specific site and started questioning why I visited it wth? It turned out it was my sister checking her dating site lol so ever since I turn on the computer daily and it shows he checked the history but every nite I am faithfully so is he but why dosnt he get that I love him and he can trust me.

rinamomof2

Asked by rinamomof2 at 11:13 AM on May. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• I agree that you shouldn't delete your history. If my DH did that, I would think that something was up. I'm sure he will get over it once he realizes that you really aren't looking at those sites.
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 1:54 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I disagree with the above ladies......if you have nothing to hide, then who cares what he thinks about where you visit online. But I would however not let your sister go to sites like that on your computer...
    SOMETIMES...not always...people who get controlling like that are doing something wrong themselves. So keep a heads up on all that and if you have nothing to hide, who cares if he checks the history....stand up for yourself.
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 11:17 AM on May. 3, 2011

• deleting your history will just make you trust him less. if your sister is looking at dating sites, then stop letting her use your computer. then explain to him it was her and not you. if he doesn't believe that and you're not doing anything, then just keep letting him look. he'll figure it out soon enough.
    trust me on this. I learned that the hard way.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 11:17 AM on May. 3, 2011

• No don't delete your history cause he will know that you deleted it and think that you DO have something to hide. Just explain to him that sometimes your sister uses the computer and goes to her dating site. Don't delete your history. Bad idea.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 11:20 AM on May. 3, 2011

• He doesn't trust you. I would delete your history every time you go on the computer.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 11:14 AM on May. 3, 2011

• BTW It doesn't mean he's controlling. To check up on your SO to see if they're cheating or not is not controlling. If either of you ladies above did it to your husband you wouldn't want to be accused of being controlling. You'd probably be just as curious.

OP How long have you been married? It's usually the couples that haven't been married that long where the suspect of cheating occurs most often. Then after a while you learn to trust until you find out you can't trust them or know for sure that you can. lol It's confusing.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 11:22 AM on May. 3, 2011

• Nothing to hide, he will figure it out and his curiousity will stop. Actions speak louder than words :)
    PatriciaofMN

Answer by PatriciaofMN at 12:52 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Honestly I think it was reasonable for him to ask that, you wouldn't ask him if you saw it on his computer? But you gave him an answer, he should drop it already.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 1:46 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Delete your browser history. He's being a controlling jerk.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 11:14 AM on May. 3, 2011

• Deleting the history will give him cause to think his mistrust is right. My guess would be that seeing what he saw freaked him out and he just wants to know that you're not doing anything. I'd let him check it for a while, and then just point out to him that you are doing nothing wrong, and that you have never given him a reason to not trust you, so he needs to stop and trust you again.

I don't know if it's controlling or not. I suppose if had always been happening, it could be controlling. But right now...he thinks you've done something deceitful. He's wrong, but he needs a little time and proof to realize that. Tell him your sister did it, have her tell him it was her, don't let her do it anymore, and just give it a little time.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 11:40 AM on May. 3, 2011