My SO Crazy Mom...

To make a really long story short.... His mom is the nastiest lady I have ever met. She nips picks everything, insults you, creates lies, gets all in your business, talked shit about my daughter and I to our faces. My SO is only child, divorced with joint custody of 3 boys. He leans on his mom A LOT to help when he has to work to pick them up from school. I offered my hand and he said no. He keeps us separated since EVERY TIME we get together she starts in.
He just told me last night that she filed for bankruptcy and lost her house. She is married to a truck driver who is gone 6 days out of the week. He is letting her move in!!! She is unemployed and CONTROLS everything. I was dead silent when he told me.

Nickcole23

Asked by Nickcole23 at 11:15 AM on May. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• Hell no, I would move out!!!!!!!!
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 11:19 AM on May. 3, 2011

• Ah, this may be the time to reconsider the relationship. He didn't discuss it with you? Sounds like he's choosing Mama over you.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 11:25 AM on May. 3, 2011

• We dont live together. I own my own house 4 br, and he rents 3 br. I always go to his house since he has the kids and there are no "boy" toys at my house. When I sat there in silence, all he said was she was family. We have been together a year now. This woman is so crazy that I literally have called the cops on her twice.
    Nickcole23

Comment by Nickcole23 (original poster) at 11:29 AM on May. 3, 2011

• Since you don't live there you really can't say who lives there. But, if it were me I would not go around his place at all while she's there. I'm sorry you have to deal with her, I understand crazy MILs. )c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:39 AM on May. 3, 2011

• I didn't say to ask for my permission for her to live there, but he clearly showed me all the drama with his mom, I am NO where a priority in his life.
    Nickcole23

Comment by Nickcole23 (original poster) at 11:42 AM on May. 3, 2011

• so after a yr have you talked about living together at all??

although you and she has issues ... she is still the babysitter for him. So I see where he would allow her to move in. Yes he should have talked it over with you cause now that puts a damper on you staying over there when he has the boys, but maybe he can stay over with you while his mom watches the kids some....
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 12:35 PM on May. 3, 2011

• No, no talk of moving in because I own my own house and he rents. I know I for one, do not want to jump into anything especially when there are 4 kids involved.
    Nickcole23

Comment by Nickcole23 (original poster) at 12:44 PM on May. 3, 2011

• He could of asked what your thoughts are on the subject of her moving in - he may of already made his mind up but since you guys are in a committed relationship and he knows your history w/her - you would think he would of had the respect to run by you first and not a "guess who is moving in". GL - I had a crazy mother in law -)
    PatriciaofMN

Answer by PatriciaofMN at 12:51 PM on May. 3, 2011

• How about a good sit down with MIL? You and her, if its safe of course without the police getting involved. JOr have you already? Just let her know you love her son, and you respect the relationship she has with him. That you very much love his kids, and so on, however you refuse to be mistreated by her b/c you are not going anywhere. She raised her son to be a good man and make good decisions, and you are a great decision he's made.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 1:37 PM on May. 3, 2011