Bossy five tear old.

My five year old dd is something else she always has been,she don't have a shy bone in her,we normally go over to my neighbors house for dinner or to play cards and hang out,they have two daughters around the same age,anyways when there playing i can here my dd bossing them around like being loud and telling them not to touch her dolls and stuff.even tho i know the other girls arnt angels it bothers me that shes like that,i dont want her to be snobby,do u think i should just let her be or punish her for being bossy

twolilgirls712

Asked by twolilgirls712 at 11:22 AM on May. 3, 2011 in General Parenting

• Maybe somehow explain to her that her friends might not want to play with her all the time if she doesn't let them be the boss too :)
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 11:25 AM on May. 3, 2011

• my brothers girl is like that (5). shes actually always been like that. she'll claw another kid across the face too if she dont get what she wants. her only sibling is 7 and she was always told to giver her little sister things so she pretty much dont pitch a fit. now she expects it. everything is hers and nobody can touch her stuff. did she learn it from someone maybe? tell her about sharing and maybe she'll start to see that its not nice. i could see her thinking its all her stuff if she has no other siblings too. explain it to her and then discuss punishment with her if it were to continue. good luck!
    ThatBoysMom

Answer by ThatBoysMom at 11:33 AM on May. 3, 2011