Should I be worried?

So today is our first day of preschool, and i just called to check in and they said my daughter didn't eat her breakfast. She is a very picky eater and usually for breakfast we have eggs, or pancakes, or a honey bun. Anyways the had waffles and applesauce and said she didn't eat . Do you think it will take her time to adjust. Plus at home she eats whenever she wants to. and there they have set times.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on May. 3, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• She'll get used to the routine there, it's just the first day. Maybe when she gets home just be excited with her about school and talk about how fun it is, and I'm sure you've done that alreayd. She'll adjust :)
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 11:29 AM on May. 3, 2011

• Yes, I would give it some time for adjustment. When my daughter started, she was used to eating at home and then when she realized that everyone ate there, she totally got used to it after a week.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 11:29 AM on May. 3, 2011

• I think she'll need to adjust to the life of a schedule and one choice being the only option. You might want to ease this also by trying this at home. It will be easier to adjust to school life if she has similar style at home good luck
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:29 AM on May. 3, 2011

• And for the record I'm about 30 and I love chicken nuggets and pizza!
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 11:30 AM on May. 3, 2011

• It will, she will eventually get hungry or feel left out and she will eat what other kids are eating.
    booger14

Answer by booger14 at 11:30 AM on May. 3, 2011

• Um , i don't consider eggs and pancakes to be an injustice. Those are good breakfast foods. and my question was not if you approved of the foods i feed my child, rather that if i should be worried about her not eating and if she will adjust?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:31 AM on May. 3, 2011

• She'll get used to it. Don't worry. Now she will be hungry for lunch.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:31 AM on May. 3, 2011

• She will adjust. Give her some time.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 11:37 AM on May. 3, 2011

• What is with the snarly moms on here this morning? Yeesh, not a place I'd come for reassurance today.

You are probably more traumatized than your child. It sounds like it was just something new and she's adjusting to her surroundings. She'll eat when she's hungry. She probably just had butterflies in her tummy and wasn't into it. Everything will be ok. My daughter wouldn't even eat the cookie they gave her in the afternoon that first week. And needless to say, my daughter loves cookies. After a few months of being away from mom for a few hours she was great. It was good for her and I'm sure your daughter will thrive there once she's used to the new environment!

Hang in there!
    blu_canary

Answer by blu_canary at 11:38 AM on May. 3, 2011

• Where did the OP say anything about chicken nuggets and pizza?? Why was that even brought up?

OP I feel ya. I had to start feeding my kid breakfast at home because he was not eating at school which just made him grumpy because he'd be hungry. You may just have to do the same.

And kids do eventually outgrow things. Hell, when I was a kid, I liked to eat a lot of junk too. Would hardly ever touch vegetables. Now I do. What she likes now doesn't mean it will be the ONLY thing she eats when she's 30 years old. Come on.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 11:40 AM on May. 3, 2011