has a relationship?

Has a relationship you've ever been in failed because your kids didn't like him or his kids didn't like you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:42 PM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Relationships

• Yes.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:44 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• No, but my mom had a bf for 10 years I never liked...and I wish she would have left him. So, if I were ever put in that situation (which I dont think will ever happen since I am married) I would leave him. My DD is #1 to me and no man will stand in the way of that. If she doesnt like him theres a reason for it.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 2:55 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I'm proud to say that I freqently ran off my Mom's boyfriends, because she was attracted to alchoholic, abusive, losers.
    Anonymous

• Thats tuff one. I never liked my step dad - it wasn't until I was older that I realized what role he played in my life & I have apologize sooo many times for being such a mean kid to him. There could be a valid reason for the kid not liking him but you have to be smart enough to know what is real & what is the kid is trying to control you. That is an issue I deal with. My dd likes him as long as she gets what she wants. Once I tell her no on something she gets ticked & then says that I'm all about him & not her. It's a manipulation thing with her. I have 2 others who don't do this. Understand what I mean?? Now if he were hitting them or something then of coarse he would be out the door but he doesn't even tell my kids what to do! Now if I have to be somehwere & they are home with him & I tell him make sure so & so cleans the room or take out the trash then he will.
    HelenStoner

Answer by HelenStoner at 3:59 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• YES! My 12 year marriage. He hated my now 18 year old and the feeling was mutual! I should have divorced him 5 years before I did.

Now my only son at home is 14. He has veto rights for any relationship. So far the only relationship I have has since the divorced he loved they guy. But still if my son has issues I'd listen. He's a very observant (can you say nosy) guy but very perceptive.
    TS-Mom5

Answer by TS-Mom5 at 4:36 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• No, I am an adult and I will decide. I would not have a person around that was no good for all of us as we are a package deal. I would not tolerate my kids being disrespectful to any adult. I also know a temper tantrum when I see one and my kids know I will not be bullied into doing anything I dont want to just because they think they can act like a butt. If there was a valid issue then I would seek counseling and make sure we were all working for the good of the entire family. Blended families can be difficult...but if you choose wisely and have respectful children things should be ok. They have been for us for 7 yrs. We have ups and downs but what family doesnt?
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 7:05 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I learned long ago that there isn't just ONE Mr. (or Ms.) Right in this life. There are so many good ones to choose from that you don't have to put up with being treated badly or running interference with his kids or your kids. Remember that men come and go, but kids are there for life.
    jburg2541

Answer by jburg2541 at 9:24 PM on Dec. 5, 2008