Kids not listening?

EVERYDAY I tell my 8,9,11yr to pick up their dirty clothes off the bathroom floor and EVERYDAY they forget.what is appropriate for punishments and how can I get them to do it?I know they just forget but I am so tired of having to put their stinky clothes in the hamper!

sarah389

Asked by sarah389 at 11:34 AM on May. 3, 2011 in General Parenting

• This works for me occasionally: I wait until they are entrenched in a video game then stand in front of the game and remind them to get their dirty clothes off the bathroom floor NOW. Then don't move or let them play their game for even one more second until they've done what you asked. Eventually if you are consistent with this they will remember to put their dirty clothes where they belong and not leave them on the floor.

meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:37 AM on May. 3, 2011

• Don't let them watch tv until they do it!
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 11:36 AM on May. 3, 2011

• Leave a laundry basket wherever it is they are putting their dirty clothes at and have them put them in there. I also like what meooma said, they do nothing until they pick up their clothes.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 2:53 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I use a different bathroom until I shower then I go in there and see their dirty clothes while they are at school.
    sarah389

Comment by sarah389 (original poster) at 11:51 AM on May. 3, 2011