Do you ever have to fight the urge to laugh when you're disciplining your child?

Sometimes what my DD does is so CUTE or funny, but I have to follow through.

jmpj8107

Asked by jmpj8107 at 11:36 AM on May. 3, 2011 in General Parenting

• Lol yes that's me when my daughter says or dose something inappropriate it is funny to an adult but so innocent for her I walk away in another room give a chuckle and explain that's not right to her and why
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 11:39 AM on May. 3, 2011

• LOL Oh yes!!! Like jsut lastr week when he almost pee'd off the deck!! Never dull here!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:39 AM on May. 3, 2011

• OMG all the time! About a year or so ago our DS who's now six cannot seem to remember to chew with his mouth closed!! I finally asked him what was wrong with him and why he can't remember? He said, Mommy, Jesus made me this way!! OMG I busted out laughing, I couldn't hold back!
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 11:39 AM on May. 3, 2011

• yes!! lol expessally when they do something totaly off the wall and your like seriously and they just smile at you,like when my 2yold got in the eggs and took them to her room,when i cought her she had broke two of them and had on in her toy stove,i was like what are you doing she said making breakfast..all i could do was laugh..
    twolilgirls712

Answer by twolilgirls712 at 11:42 AM on May. 3, 2011

• ALLL THE TIME!!!
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 11:42 AM on May. 3, 2011

• Yes! I tell my 4 year old to do something over and over again, I get frustrated when he won't do it the first time, then he says "Mom, I'm busy right now!" I try not to laugh and tell he can't tell me no!
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 11:45 AM on May. 3, 2011

• yep, my ds is hilarious, he's only 20 months old so the worst he gets is a pop on the hand but last night he was about to throw his food and i said "no" real loud, he looked at me and shook all over lol it was great
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:45 AM on May. 3, 2011

• I think it is so funny when my yougest is not listening to her dad since he swears that he can get her to do anything. He gets so frustrated and that makes it even funnier. Now the oldest does it and I do not find it so cute, since she listens to no one.
    SuzanneL09

Answer by SuzanneL09 at 11:49 AM on May. 3, 2011

• there was one time I spanked my 3 year olds butt for something when she was like 2 and sh grabs her butt jumping up and down saying her butt it was to funny how she was grabbing her butt lol. My nephew I can't help, but laugh when my brother in law tells him if he doesn't stop he is going to get a spanking. The reason is because he will tell him I am going to spank your butt and sometimes he will say no my butt lol or sometimes he will say no mommy spank butt lol. I think the reason is because my sister doesn't spank him very hard (he wears a diaper) and which daddy spanks a little harder than mommy lol. He is to funny at times lol
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 11:51 AM on May. 3, 2011

• Sometimes I make their Dad talk to them in the car so I can smile.
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 11:58 AM on May. 3, 2011