I need a new doo. (hair cut)

47 yrs. old
black hair
- med length,
straight.
thin
long bangs,
layered.
diamond/oval face

Problem, won't hold a curl or perm.

Help?

TatteredTattin

Asked by TatteredTattin at 11:55 AM on May. 3, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Can you post a pic of yourself? It really would help people visualize a good style for you.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:12 PM on May. 3, 2011

• could be because it may be damaged. A good shampoo/conditioner like joico k-pac and protein treatments can help with this, as can using the correct coloring options from a salon.
    you can tell if it's damaged by feeling it. when you shower does your hair feel sponge like? If you hold your hair and run your fingers from ends to roots is it excessively rough? DOes it break off easily? all these are signs of damage. And damages hair won't hold a curl.
    if it's never curled and always been thin you could just be the right type of hair that never develops a medula. (this is where curl is created, in the inner most layer of hair).
    Now I can help with giving you some volume if thats what you want. Try products like a root boaster (apply in lines along the roots lightly when wet and massage into the hair). Then dry with hair and head down from scalp to ends (never point nozzle from ends to roots or you risk damage)
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:15 PM on May. 3, 2011

• you can also tease up some volume.. but make sure you do it in the right areas. If you want personal message me on here and send a pic and I can suggest a few new or different styles that could work for you.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:17 PM on May. 3, 2011

• how would I e-mail/ text from my phone to this question?
    TatteredTattin

Comment by TatteredTattin (original poster) at 12:29 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Send the picture from your phone to your email - save the picture as a .jpg on your desktop. Answer your question, choose "use full editor" and then copy and paste the .jpg from your desktop.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 3:14 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Go to somewhere like Barnes and Noble and look through the hair magazines. I've literally spent hours doing that before I get mine done.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:38 AM on May. 4, 2011

• I would find pictures and such of what matches the shape of your face and ask the stylist for final opinion on that you TRUST is gonna be honest with you and what kind of hinkeys you might run across with that style
    djavongirl

Answer by djavongirl at 12:36 PM on Jun. 18, 2011