How long does it take you to put a 2 year old to bed at night?

Takes me 40 minutes until she winds down and relaxes. Is this normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:00 PM on May. 3, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Mine usually goes to bed within 15-20 minutes of bed time. Some times even less... We try to wear them out, run around the house, playing, it always works...
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 12:04 PM on May. 3, 2011

• lucky me, i've been able to keep mine from jumping out of her crib yet so i haven't changed it into a toddler bed yet. i put both kids down at the same time with a bottle and the older one can be out within 10-15 minutes. sometimes talking, or rolling around, but if she's tired she won't move so i dont know lol. i only hear when she drops her bottle out of the crib(she doesnt like having anything in there)
    Mrs.L.Mita

Answer by Mrs.L.Mita at 12:06 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Mine is almost two, and its obvious when he's tired, so I give him his blanky, his binky, and his warm milk and put him in his bed, and he goes to sleep within half an hour, if hes up after that it becomes a problem (which is very rare) and i let him watch tv til he falls asleep
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 12:09 PM on May. 3, 2011

• My son will be 3 this July and we have a pretty strict schedule. I find that it is every benificial to the child to have a calm down period before being put to sleep. Like us we need our unwind time before we can actually shut our eyes and fully feel like your ready for bed. My sons favorite movie is ToyStory and EVERY NIGHT we turn out all the lights and he watches about 30-45 minutes of the movie then i lay him in his big boy bed. From there it usually takes him about 15 minutes to fall asleep on his own. Dont get me wrong tho, he definitely goes thru his stages where a few times a month he will take up to 45 minutes to pass out but i just continuely lay him back down everytime he gets up and eventually he sees im not giving in lol Hes hard headed but not as hard headed as Mommy! ; ) Hope that was some what usefull.
    31angelmommy3

Answer by 31angelmommy3 at 12:13 PM on May. 3, 2011

• It takes about 15-30 minutes from the time we go in. Sometimes longer, if he's really tired, sometimes shorter. He sits with me in the chair for a few minutes, then goes to his bed. I sit back down for a few minutes then leave.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:17 PM on May. 3, 2011

• About 15-20 minutes from the end of bath to bed. We put on pjs, brush teeth, read a book to him and his 9 month old sister together, then lay him in bed and give kisses.

Answer by missanc at 12:32 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I have a bedtime routine with my boys....dinner, then bath, then Dora, then brush teeth, then book and then it's into bed. The whole process starts at about 6 pm and they are in bed at 7:30.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 1:14 PM on May. 3, 2011

• yes but lay her down ealiy when she shows signs she sleepy
    sassy21176

Answer by sassy21176 at 5:21 PM on May. 3, 2011