My daughter is calling her stepdad.....daddy

i have been divorced for 2 years and i a have remarried. My husband is in love with my kids because they are so easy to love. my daughter who is 8 was daddy's little girl and his dad now has a girlfriend and recently she started coming around my husband i feel to get attention. she did mention that dad doesnt give her enough time anymore. i have never told her to call my husband daddy because i feel that when it comes from them then that's good but not to make her. I feel like she is trying to get attention. Frank loves her and he is willing to play that role my boys call him dad to but i never expected from my daughter.

selaranda

Asked by selaranda at 12:08 PM on May. 3, 2011 in General Parenting

• Let it go. Her calling him daddy shows how much she loves him. As long as he isn't bothered by it, don't worry about it.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:10 PM on May. 3, 2011

• its ok its sweet that she would call him that i bet he feels like a real man now....
    BrittishLynn

Answer by BrittishLynn at 12:11 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Well u know what they say, anyone can father a child-it takes a real man to be a daddy. Your kid wants a daddy. Nothing wrong with that.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 12:11 PM on May. 3, 2011

• My oldest daughter is 9....she calls my fiance daddy. We have been together 6 years and have told her from day 1 that she can call him whatever he wanted to that made her comfortable. For a long time it was by his name. But her bio father is not around and calls maybe once a year or so and my youngest daughter(had with my ex as well) was 3 months old when we got together so that is the only father she knows. Neither one of us mind and he will be the first to get in your face if you tell him those are not his girls. I think it needs to be completely up to the child and thats how we have made it for the girls.
    GRP_mommi_of_4

Answer by GRP_mommi_of_4 at 12:12 PM on May. 3, 2011

• *she NOT he! Sorry!
    GRP_mommi_of_4

• I would tell her to call him ----------. Not daddy. Give her another name to call him. She already has a daddy.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:16 PM on May. 3, 2011

• My 4 year old calls my DH "daddy". He has been around since she was a year old and he treats her like his own. Her bio dad has always been in and out of her life and she calls him by his first name.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 12:22 PM on May. 3, 2011

• if she's calling him daddy, then she must feel comfortable doing it. it's not like you're forcing her to do it. if you want to help your ex's relationship with his kids though , let him know what's going on and that you think it's because she's trying to get more attention because he's not giving it to her.if i was your ex i can't say i'd like it, but atleast i'd appreciate you tellin me something in missing from my part.
    Mrs.L.Mita

Answer by Mrs.L.Mita at 12:22 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I never allowed mine to call their step dad daddy. My husband also always corrected them because they have a daddy. They were allowed to call him daddy ________(first name). It was something we had an understanding about and my ex and I have an understanding about. You see, I didnt want my kids calling his wife mommy. If you allow this to happen and your ex gets married then be prepared for them to call her mommy. You would have opened the door for it.

Answer by gemgem at 12:27 PM on May. 3, 2011

• my 5 year old calls my fiancee of over 4 years Pops, its really cute, He would have no problem with her calling him Dad/Daddy but she picked papa or pops. I would let you dd call him Daddy if that is what she wants, if she sees the boys do it and its not causing any one any upset then whats the problem?
    DawnLauren

Answer by DawnLauren at 12:51 PM on May. 3, 2011