HAVE YOU DIED TO SELF? IF SO PLEASE DESCRIBE WHAT WAS THE BREAKING POINT?

angelTHIS MORNING, MY TIME WITH MY LORD, JESUS, MY GOD, IN READING MY DAY'S DEVOTIONAL...

"KILL SELF NOW"    Self detroned- that is the lesson! Self not only detroned, but Dead!  A Dead Self Is Not An Imprisoned Self!  So I shall Cease trying to forgive those who fretted or wrong me.   It's a mistake to think that Self can accomplish forgiveness, since I often, continue to go back in my mind and remember, cause Self is not Dead!   So Lord I chose to detrone my self - and declare it dead.   Aiming for the goal, aiming Daily to let go, and forget.  It's dead, it's past and the time is today.   Thank you Lord for this revelation and I am grateful for aiding me in letting go and allowing You Lord Jesus to help me to walk upon this earth, but no longer having to be of it. 

INCLUDE WHAT IS YOUR CURRENT DAILY DYING TO SELF...IT WILL HELP US ALL TO KNOW WE ARE NOT ALONE....THANKS, AND DO BUMP?  csjoy1

csjoy1

Asked by csjoy1 at 12:16 PM on May. 3, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• There have been several. Our dying to self must be a daily act, along with the daily choosing to allow Christ to rule and reign in ourselves. Every area where I would rule has to be broken and submitted to Almighty God and His Holy Spirit.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 12:19 PM on May. 3, 2011

• NannyB has it right :0)
    amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 12:39 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Dear NannyB, You are so correct, it is Daily, and each time there's a new challenge. Right now for me is "Forgiveness". Accepting that I am unable put it in perspective for me. The mind is most powerful and that is where we store all the junk, and in trying to be Faithful in choosing to forgive has only made me realize today it's been impossible. So letting go of it, giving myself permission and admitting that I have been unable has releaved me in more ways which I could have ever throught possible. Thanks be to God. AMEN?
    csjoy1

Comment by csjoy1 (original poster) at 12:42 PM on May. 3, 2011

• PS Nanny, the otherside of letting go and realize I in self can't easily forgive, but knowing I know what I know now, is more important for me to walk in more Love and avoid putting myself in arms way so to speak. Just not letting the jerks in life get me pre-railed up, ie: co workers, x spouse, son....avoid the storm, or at least not pre stirr it and become more meek, daily and knowing I'm not perfect, but trying with Christ's assistance all the way. csjoy1
    csjoy1

Comment by csjoy1 (original poster) at 12:46 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Give examples of dying to self, not just comments, cause it will be helpful for us all to know "we are not alone".  Thank you

csjoy1

csjoy1

Comment by csjoy1 (original poster) at 12:48 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I am a Buddhist so don't have exactly the same beliefs. For me it is realizing that the woes of this world are transitory. That the only constant thing is change and suffering on a global scale and it is a personal choice to be thankful for the self, thankful for my opportunities to transcend suffering through prayer, study, meditation and the practice of clean living. If by self, or Self, you mean the ego, then there are meditations for the eradication of ego also known as the False Self. The false masks we wear that prevent us from being our true selves, the self that was meant to blossom and eventually become one with the Divine Light. Even when I was a Christian I didn't believe that dying to self was a valid spiritual path. Knowing the self, being thankful for the gift of life in this age and time, and loving others is the more healing way.
    lilangilyn

Answer by lilangilyn at 5:16 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Dear liangilyn:  A very nice description, and yes I mean dying to self in the sense of worldly, materially, and emotionally, i.e. guilt; especially in regard to mothering having to divorce, etc.  Seeing one's poor choices, trying desparately to re-construct, even if it's not so obvious, some like myself has been a control character freak, and so the working of letting go, letting God, releasing expectations of self driven, or product driven, or world driven, in the way we live in the USA, can make it difficult to be simple of mind as you describe.  However, not impossible, and so my journey continues, is restored, on a Daily fashion and as I let go, someday I hope before my passing to experience the Peace I believe is within the Spirit of God who can supply our needs as written in His Word.   Thank you.  csjoy1

csjoy1

Comment by csjoy1 (original poster) at 5:47 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I am working on it now. I'm studying Lectio Divina a sort of prayerful contemplative reading of scripture followed by active prayer. I've recently become drawn to this ancient form of prayer.
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 1:28 AM on May. 4, 2011

• adnilm I goggled "What is Lectio Divina?" is Latin for "divine reading," "spiritual reading," or "holy reading" and represents a method of prayer and scriptural reading intended to promote communion with God and to provide special spiritual insights. The principles of lectio divina were expressed around the year A.D. 220 and practiced by Catholic monks, especially the monastic rules of Sts. Pachomius, Augustine, Basil, and Benedict.I was raised Catholic, however I always wondered about the Bible and why it was not explained, it was as if I would have had to become a Nun in order to be Privi to the Word of God.  Much later I turned to Christianity, and search for understanding, found Jesus and became Born Again.  Where I study God's word and have been doing  much of what you are currently experiencing. It's a wonderful journey, and endless journey it's your choice. God Bless You. csjoy1
    csjoy1

Comment by csjoy1 (original poster) at 2:01 AM on May. 4, 2011