Junk food Junkie.....help!

I'm 28 years old and not over weight by any means but I eat junk food like its going out of style! I want to stop, not because of my physical look but because I get worried that my insides r very unhealthy and even more so because I want to give my children a healthy example! Help, it's so hard, I'm such a junk foodie, how can I stop?!

PANZONSMOM

Asked by PANZONSMOM at 12:21 PM on May. 3, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• In addition to the previous tips, PORTION. Buy the stuff you like, but limit your intake of the junk. If you want some chips, have them! Just put how much you're going to eat in a bowl and put the bag away, and that's all you get.
    lollipoplamia

Answer by lollipoplamia at 12:34 PM on May. 3, 2011

• lol ok ladies here's the trick.... STOP BUYING IT. seriously, that's the big first step. if it's not in the house, you can't eat it. websites like allrecipes.com have a sorts of meals that are used and reviewed by the members (free). i'm not one to spend much time on cooking and prep so trust me there's quick meals that are easy to make and healthier without even trying. i can't help you with the d rive thrus, except to say turn your head back to the road and pass it!. out of site out of mind. always keep a bottle of water and something to snack on at hand. eat before grocery shopping, and eating salad before a meal really does help fill you up. trust me i'm not a health nut by any means but i do get what you mean about unhealthy on the inside. my body can't take nonstop junk food so i was forced to learn the balance over the years.
    Mrs.L.Mita

Answer by Mrs.L.Mita at 12:31 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Oh my goodness when you figure it out please let me know! I am in the same situation as you. I dont smoke or drink or have any addictions but my confession today is that i am STUCK ON JUNK FOOD! lol Good luck girlie!
    31angelmommy3

Answer by 31angelmommy3 at 12:22 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Is it the sweet or the salty you like? If you are a chip fanantic, maybe try the baked rather than the fried. Try a trail mix of nuts, m&m's and raisins. If its sweet, caramel dip & apples are better for you than a candy bar. Chocolate dip is good with bananas & strawberries. Or make your own fruit dip with mixed berry yogurt & cool whip. Good Luck!
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 12:31 PM on May. 3, 2011