What can I put on my 2 year olds burn marks that will help heal & alleviate some of the pain?

My daughter hurt herself on my treadmill while I was exercising yesterday so I took her in to the ER & they put some ointment on her to take the burning sensation out then bandaged her. Today I took it off & she is just hurting so bad! Is there anything I can do maybe like a home remedy or something?

iluvmykidsxoxo

Asked by iluvmykidsxoxo at 12:51 PM on May. 3, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Honey. Sounds crazy. But bacteria can't grow in honey. It keeps the skin moist and hydrated and provides a thick cover that helps alleviate pain. Brush a little honey on it and then wrap it in gauze.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 1:15 PM on May. 3, 2011

• aloe....if you had an aloe plant, break off a piece and use the sap right on the area....miracle plant.
    AmyLynn5398

Answer by AmyLynn5398 at 12:54 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I don't have any aloe at the moment..is there anything else?

iluvmykidsxoxo

Comment by iluvmykidsxoxo (original poster) at 12:58 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Aloe is great as previously suggested. A cool wet rag, or bag of frozen veggies might offer some relief. Bacitracin also works well to help heal, but not much help for pain.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 12:58 PM on May. 3, 2011