• In the Spotlight:

Do you still have your wisdom teeth?

If not, when were they removed? Or are you one of the people that never got them?

To answer my own question: I have all 4 of my wisdom teeth and they're part of my normal bite.

Dr.Donna

Asked by Dr.Donna at 1:06 PM on May. 3, 2011 in Health

• i got mine before i got braces so they just put the braces around them....their part of my normal bite now
    Lizzypuppylove

Answer by Lizzypuppylove at 1:08 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I had mine removed when I was 18, they had come in by then. I have a lot of crowding in my teeth, so I had them taken out to help.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:08 PM on May. 3, 2011

• i have 3 out of 4. i had to get my top right removed last year because there was a hole in it that exposed the nerve... very excruciating pain! the remaining haven't given me any problems though. *knock on wood!*
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:08 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I had them removed. I was 20 or 21.... actually the morning of 9/11 I was having my follow up oral/dental exam following their removal. I shall never forget that!
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 1:09 PM on May. 3, 2011

• nope, I didn't have them removed until I was 28 and I only had them removed because one of them was starting to come in sideways and they felt I should have them removed.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 1:09 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Mine were impacted and had to be removed when I was 18.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 1:09 PM on May. 3, 2011

• No all four of mine were taken out when I was a teen, one of them had problems and at the time I had insurance to cover the surgery so I took them all out, they only cause problems most of the time anyway.

Answer by older at 1:09 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Nope. I had mine removed surgically when I was 21. The tops ones broke through and I kept biting my cheeks which was so freaking annoying. Found out the bottom ones were impacted so he said to just take all 4 at the same time. Was pretty easy. Cost me a fortune, though. I was so freaking poor with no medical or dental insurance. I had to max out every credit card I had to pay for it. That was what started me on the road to uncontrollable debt that ended in bankruptcy 10 or so years later. Sigh.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:11 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I have 2, only ever had 2 and they are part of my normal bite.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 1:11 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Had all of mine until a couple of years ago.  The top two were pulled because they had cavities which couldn't be filled due to the jaw bone being in the way.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 1:12 PM on May. 3, 2011