What kind of mattress do you have and do you...

Love it, Hate it.

We need a new mattress and have tried several different brands but nothing really works. My back isn't in the best of shape. I mean after 4 kids, including twins, what do you expect? My husband has a bad back so we need something supportive.

palexander

Asked by palexander at 1:20 PM on May. 3, 2011 in Just for Fun

• We have a latex mattress made by Serta (Vera Wang collection). It's the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on. I used to have really bad hip pain until we got it, and now I have no pain whatsoever. They are expensive, but they can last up to 30 years, and they actually kill any germs that they come into contact with. If you do shop for a latex mattress, pay close attention to the upper layer because a lot of companies will cheap out and put memory foam on top, which totally defeats the purpose because memory foam breaks down so much faster than latex.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:23 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Serta pillow top of some kind. I made sure to get the firm mattress underneath for support and the soft padding and pillow top. It's the only thing that is taking pressure off my back at 39 weeks pregnant! But I loved it before I was pregnant too. at 5 years old its still awesome.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 1:33 PM on May. 3, 2011

• We have a Stearns and Foster firm with pillow top. Love it!
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 7:24 PM on May. 3, 2011