The best book you ever read

What is the best book you ever read? Please give a short description (without giving too much away) and share what type of book it is.

imagine-that

Asked by imagine-that at 2:58 PM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Just for Fun

• A bend in the road... its by nicholas sparks its about a a husband and wife who have a son and the mom goes for a daily run and gets killed by a hit and run. the husband is a cop who trys his hardest to solve the mystery of the killer while falling in love with his sons school teacher. AMAZING... an another good one is the gaurdian.. omg. it was good too but i don't remember it well enough to give a good description (also by nicholas sparks)
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 3:08 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I have two. One is The Wedding By Nicholas Sparks, however if you have not read The Notebook that one will seem silly. The other one is Redeeming Love By Francine Rivers. I would like to add that I am a huge Nicholas Sparks fan so I could say all of his books are amazing.
    nicky5053

Answer by nicky5053 at 3:15 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• The two Best serious I've read have been "Left Behind" by Tim Lahaye. 12 books in the series. Based on Revelation in the Bible.
    The other one I've read is by Karen Kinsbury (any book by her is great). Christian Fiction. 5 books in the "Redemption" series, 5 books in the "Firstboorn" series and then 4 books in the "Sunset" series. Sounds long, but amazing books! This series is about the same family. the parents have 5 children (1 adopted son) hense the "Firstboorn" series. Goes through trials and you watch the families grow and really connect with them. lol sounds funny But I love to be able to really visualize when I read. So this was a perfect series. Now i'm trying to find another good author with lots of books.
    abootie

Answer by abootie at 3:20 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Just one?? Not possible. I can name my favorite authors. John Grisham, Jennifer Weiner, James Patterson. There is a book by Jennifer Weiner called Little Earthquakes. Every single mother on this site would love this book and completely relate to it. It is the first book I have ever laughed out loud while reading and cried as well. Great book.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 3:22 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Pride and Prejudice - Mr. Darcy. Hot and Rich - 'nuff said.

The Shack - Papa!

The Eyre Affair - Oh Thursday! Oh Landon!

The Bible - Yeah, I thump it....King James style!

Death Must Advertise - the ORIGINAL Wimsey at his funniest (but only mention of dear Harriet!)

A Princess of Mars - John Carter. Dejah Thoris.

Tarzan - the book is much, much, much better than anything ever filmed.

Godfather - "see how they have massacred my son"

Little Women/Good Wives/Little Men/Jo's Boys/Eight Cousins/Rose in Bloom - anything by Alcott.

Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 3:22 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• OH MY GOSH! I've read Little Earthquakes too, So good, sad but happy all in one! I love to read! I just read a book called Pretty Woman too, that's a good one too.
    abootie

Answer by abootie at 3:28 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• ok sorry ladies, I had a typo in my previous post @ 3:20pm I meant to say the best Series i've read, I'm sure you know that, but I hate misspelling. sorry
    abootie

Answer by abootie at 3:33 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Austins Mr. Darcy...Darcylicious!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 4:15 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• OMG - love the Darcylicious!

Seriously. To. Die. For.

But John Carter can save your A$$ in a fight with Martians. So many choices, so little time in the bathroom to read....
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 4:17 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Jude Devereaux is my favorite author; most of her books have to do with time travel. She wrote a book probably 8 years ago called "The Summerhouse" about three women who are given the opportunity to chose three weeks out of their life and go back and re-live them knowing what they know now. Then, after re-living those three weeks (and changing the outcome of their present life) they are given the choice to remember their old life, or to only remember their new life. OUTSTANDING!! Then, she just wrote a sequel called "Return to the Summerhouse". I liked the first one better, but both are the top of my "best of" list ~ and I read A LOT!! (...probably 3 or 4 books per week!)
    jburg2541

Answer by jburg2541 at 9:39 PM on Dec. 4, 2008