Does this surprise you?

1 Mt. Dew has a little over 11 tsp of sugar in it. That is almost 1/4 cup per can. If you have 3 cans/day then you are consuming 9.5 lbs of sugar per month in Mt. Dew alone!!

My husbands blood pressure has gone up and I thought it may be the caffine. Research shows it is the sugar not the caffine that elevates blood pressure.

I can't imagine eating 3/4 cup of sugar per day, amazed that we don't even realize drinking it!!

Do you have a Mt. Dew addiction you need to break?

ria7

Asked by ria7 at 1:33 PM on May. 3, 2011 in Health

• I am aware of your facts, this is why I do not touch any kind of soda, that and the fact I dislike their taste. I often ask people how something so sweet can take your thirst away?

Answer by older at 1:35 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I do. But the caffeine headaches that would follow aren't worth it to me. I'm not a sugar addict I'm a caffeine junkie.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 1:36 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Gross. Glad I don't drink soda.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 1:38 PM on May. 3, 2011