Have you converted your garage?

we are in the process of converting it into an extra space for hanging out and what not... just wondering if you had any ideas or had done it before?

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 1:34 PM on May. 3, 2011 in Home & Garden

• We haven't but we have looked at several houses that have. I think the key factor is making it look like this is really part of your home and not an afterthought someone stuck on the side of your house. Good luck (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 1:36 PM on May. 3, 2011

• BEFORE - Our original Garage - it was too narrow for any of our vehicles to fit into and get out a regular door  - I'd have to climb out the back door or our Windstar at the time.

This is what it looks like after - but before we put hickory hardwood floors in.  We raised the floor to the same level as the house, bricked in the front and put in a window and put in french doors in the back.  

twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 2:53 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Nope, don't have a garage.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:53 PM on May. 3, 2011

• but I bumped for ya
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:54 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Don't have a garage, but I do have this over sized shed that is right next to the house that my husband is going to attach to the house. He is going to make it as our master bed room then put a bathroom on it so we can have our own bath room.

HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 10:18 AM on May. 4, 2011

• heres a bump, cause i havent
    tonyalynn

Answer by tonyalynn at 8:58 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I would love to, but I can't even keep it clean because my husband goes out and leaves huge messes.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:07 AM on May. 7, 2011