Not trying to be rude or bash

but I asked a question and someone was really rude to me and hurt my feelings. It was in regards to my relationship and she bashed me saying that I was "asking" to be treated like crap, that it's all my fault, so on and so forth. First of all, nobody asks to be treated like crap. That's like saying someone "asked" to be raped because she was wearing a low cut shirt! I responded by telling her I thought that she was acting like a b****. I don't normally swear or call names and maybe it was wrong of me. CafeMom e-mailed me and told me that they removed my comment and told me not to do it again. So my comment was removed because I used a swear word but don't you think when people bash really rudly their comment should be removed also?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:37 PM on May. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• It wasn't because of the swear, it was because of name-calling, which is against the rules. You can fucking cuss all you want (see? :p) But you can't call names. Even when you're right.

One time I threw a HUGE fit when this happened to me. I didn't even name call and got some responses removed because the Admin that night agreed with the woman I was arguing with lol. Eventually teh whole thread got shut down.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 2:12 AM on May. 4, 2011

• I guess the lesson to be learned from CM admins is that you can be hateful and nasty all you want, but don't use swear words in doing so. I'm sorry you were treated badly by another mom, but really it's more brutal than junior high on here a lot of days.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 1:42 PM on May. 3, 2011

• That as happened to me too. We are all mothers here, and should be supportive and supporTED. :(
    AdrianzMommie

Answer by AdrianzMommie at 1:48 PM on May. 3, 2011

• it's a gray area..... they can defend their bashing saying they were just answering your question with their honest opinion/advice.

I am sorry your feelings got hurt though :(
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 1:43 PM on May. 3, 2011

• It goes both ways. When ppl report an answer ADMIN should check the reporter comments/questions/answers to decide if their report is justified. It's only fair.
    KoolMom617

Answer by KoolMom617 at 1:52 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Either learn to let people 's opinions roll off your back, or you are going to have a hard time on CM. You have to have thick skin to be on here. Also, you should learn to defend yourself w/o resorting to name calling.
    KWnavywife

Answer by KWnavywife at 2:25 PM on May. 3, 2011

• She probably reported it, you can just click report answer. And no they probably won't remove repsonses for being rude, but should they? Sometimes yes. You also have to have thick skin on here. I did not see the post, but whoever said that to you was being a jerk. Not sure how long you've been on CM, but here you get the good, bad, and ugly.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 1:44 PM on May. 3, 2011

• women can be mean. i am sorry someone was rude to you. that is an ignorant thing that woman said. maybe she is the abuser in her relationship. sending you good vibes.
    june_kitten

Answer by june_kitten at 1:45 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Yes, but you need to report it so it can be removed, you are right nobody ever asked to be mistreated, I am sorry you got bashed.

Answer by older at 1:49 PM on May. 3, 2011

• See? Now I'm hurt. I got down voted for simply stating that you can defend yourself in a public setting without name calling or vulgarities. Should I call the person who down voted me names now? Or start pulling out cuss words. My feelings are hurt that this person can't see my reasoning!
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 4:53 PM on May. 3, 2011