Being induced friday morning!! Dilated to a 3, do you think there is any chance I could go before then?

how can i make my chances of going before fri better?

I don't need any advice on "don't get induced" though. thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:40 PM on May. 3, 2011 in Pregnancy

• honestly honey i tried everything with my first to induce my own labor once i was far enough along and still ended up being induced. people should let you make your choice to be induced without trying to make you feel like crap. its your choice just like it was mine to be induced with my daughter who is PERFECTLY FINE might i add. they do not know you and dont know anything about you or your life. in some cases its best to be induced. i know this didnt help your question though. goodluck and keep us updated!!
    teenmommytobe16

Answer by teenmommytobe16 at 2:19 PM on May. 3, 2011

• You can try having sex to see if that helps. I won't go into the "don't get induced" but if you really don't want to, why are you consenting to it? You can refuse it.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 1:47 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I won't give you the spill...I'm sure you've heard it all before...but just keep in mind you do have options. It's your birth, you make the decision! GL!
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 1:54 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Maybe, it depends. I was dialated to a 3 for a long freaking time before I got induced! Good luck!
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 1:42 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Eggplant, sex, walking, castor oil, nature's time, there is a balm you can rub on your belly, but since it's only a couple days that is null and void... lol If the baby wants to come by Friday those are some things you can try to encourage it. I had 3 inductions, no csections, and no issues. :-) Good luck!
    luv.my.kids.365

Answer by luv.my.kids.365 at 2:25 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Thanks for that stupid comment annon....... i know what he risk are but you can keep pushing the fact you don't like inductions if it makes you feel good
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:50 PM on May. 3, 2011

• It's not that I really don't want to, I had to do it with baby number 2.... I would just prefer it to be on my own. thank you for not giving me a spill about how i shouldn't do it :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:51 PM on May. 3, 2011

• A friend of my mothers ate a whole chocolate cake to induce her labor but I don't really recommend that. One of my friends walked the track at the park for I think about a week to induce hers. No matter what you do please be very careful but I'm pretty sure squats and standing a lot would probably help and I know laying in my bed and lightly pushing helped me before. I've been induced twice and did not have any problems and my child born between the inductions was born completely naturally, no doctor either. All were perfectly fine and no c-sections, so whatever anon.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 3:33 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Truthfully you most likely won't go into labor before then. You can be dialated 3 centimeters for weeks! The same thing happened to me. The most important thing is to try to stay as comfortable as possible. I wanted to do as much as I could naturally, so I waited until I couldn't stand it any more only to find out The only person who could give me my epidural went home because I said I didn't want one. Don't be afraid to Be completely honest, it's their job to make you as comfortable as possible. It actually goes faster than you would think when you are there. Good luck to you!
    Taryl_Marie

Answer by Taryl_Marie at 5:36 PM on May. 3, 2011

• well here is to hoping you don't end up w/ a c-section...induction will increase your risk of that. Being dilated to 3 means absolutely nothing. Along w/ getting tips on getting your labor to start naturally, you might also want to google c section recovery tips.

Anonymous