Bored and broke, have chicken.....

Ok, so the cubboards are bare....well almost. I'm down to some boneless chicken breasts in the freezer (same thing I had to work with last night). Last night I marinated them in italian dressing and baked them. Tonight.....I'm at a loss at how to make them at all appealing. I have no cream based soups, no BBQ sauce (or the stuff to make one). Any ideas? I can serve it either with rice or mac n'cheese, and veggies.

Kimedbs

Asked by Kimedbs at 1:50 PM on May. 3, 2011 in Food & Drink

• stir fry with the rice or can just fry the chicken and stir into mac and cheese and vegs. for a chicken baked dish, add mayo to cooked chicken for chicken spread sandwiches,
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 2:01 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I say fry it up...fried chicken is a nice quick way to get rid of chicken when you don't know what else to do with it lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 1:52 PM on May. 3, 2011

• just bake it. put garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper and paprika on them. fix mac and cheese with them.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 1:52 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I'd grill it or steam it and shred it up, stirred directly into the mac & cheese. Hopefully some of the cheese will get into it and it'll be yummers, sort of casserole like.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 1:53 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Do you have cereal? Crush up some frosted flakes/corn flakes/total/honey nut cheerios/get creative. Brush the chicken with mayo, oil or just an egg. Pile on the cereal and bake.

It sound really weird and everyone looks at me weird when they have it for the first time BUT!!!! It is awesome and is always a hit. Kids love it too. :)
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 1:54 PM on May. 3, 2011

• we make a breaded chicken breast all of the time. We use bread crumbs, corn meal or crushed cereal. First DH pounds out the chicken, dips it in flour, egg, then bread crumbs. Fry it up or bake it. We serve it with rice or cous cous.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 2:42 PM on May. 3, 2011

• do you have a pressure cooker?
    KiraStadnik

Answer by KiraStadnik at 1:52 PM on May. 3, 2011

• We sometimes just put it in the oven and bake it, then serve it with Ketchup or Mayo the kids love it!~
    Ambear72

Answer by Ambear72 at 1:56 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Got any croutons? I was out of bread crumbs one evening and crushed up some croutons and baked my chicken in those. It was delicious! We eat it all the time now. Necessity is the mother of invention!
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 1:57 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Pasta in the house??? Make a Chicken Scampi.... lots of garlic and butter, served over pasta.... can throw in some veggies to make it more healthy. Add some garlic bread. Pretty quick dinner
    MrsDAP

Answer by MrsDAP at 3:21 PM on May. 3, 2011