Homeschool moms - how do you work around interruptions?

Today was the second day in a row that my MIL unexpectedly dropped by first thing in the morning. She is also coming "sometime" next week and again the week after. She knows we are working, but she just doesn't care. I find it really hard to get the kids back into the swing of things after a sudden 2 hour break in the routine. Telling her not to come over won't do any good, she just won't listen. Any other ideas?

scout_mom

Asked by scout_mom at 1:55 PM on May. 3, 2011 in General Parenting

• Tell her that you'll be out (when she says she wants to come over) and that you really need to know what time she's coming over so you can make sure your home. If she does come I wouldn't answer the door....seriously it would be too frustrating for me!.
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 2:02 PM on May. 3, 2011

• It's school time...bottom line. She needs to respect the fact that you are working. Tell her she can not come until school is over. Give her a schedule and then ask her to stick to it. I know that's easier said than done though. This may get nasty...but she can not keep this up.
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 2:17 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I do not home school but my first thought was, I would tell her if she would like to stay and teach a class you would love to have the break but you will need to review her lesson plans and stick to the curriculum and also make sure they stay on task because after all this is their education we are talking about... This may not really be the best route in real life but it was fun as a scenario...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:33 PM on May. 3, 2011