Did you use a method to get the sex of the baby you wanted? Did it work?

I know a mother should be happy with whatever she has, but I really want to give my husband a son this next go around. I was wondering if anyone used any sort of method to get a boy and if it worked? We already have two beautiful girls who we love so much and would be happy with another little girl (I already have a name picked out if it is a girl), but I would love to have a baby boy!

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 1:56 PM on May. 3, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• No because that is a wives tale-totally impossible. I wouldn't mind a boy myself because I have a girl but at this rate, I'll just be happy to have a baby.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 1:58 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Impossible
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:58 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Well I read somewhere if you have sex on the day you ovulate you're chances of concieving a boy are better because the male sperm can actually reach the egg since it's so close. But how do I know if it's my ACTUAL ovulation day and not the day before or after?
    Imogine

Comment by Imogine (original poster) at 1:59 PM on May. 3, 2011

• your*
    Imogine

• I read somewhere that if you have sex standing up, you can't get pregnant. Not true! But good luck to you.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 2:01 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Okay I didn't ask for sarcasm.
    Imogine

Comment by Imogine (original poster) at 2:04 PM on May. 3, 2011

• There are books out there on how to increase your chances of having a boy/girl, but I've never read them. Good luck to you!

Answer by missanc at 2:05 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Thanks missanc for answering a question without being a heinous bitch about it. =)
    Imogine

Comment by Imogine (original poster) at 2:05 PM on May. 3, 2011

• You can get an ovulation tracker, but they can run anywhere from $50-$300. the super ones tell you the "most fertile" ovulation days (usually the 3-4th day of ovulation) as well as the very first ovulation day (best for conciveing a boy). Ychromosome sperm are apparently faster swimmers and reach the egg sooner, but the Xchromosome sperm linger around and wait...so if you have sex while ovulating your chances of a boy (Y) are better...otherwise the girl (X) wait around for ovulation to begin. It's not a fail proof way of concieving a boy, but it's better than nothing.
    Personally, I just prayed and prayed and prayed and prayed for a boy both times and I got 2 boys!
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 2:08 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I guess that is the best I can do is pray about it. We haven't even begun to try, but we're thinking of trying and I'm thinking of only trying once a month so the chances of concieving and maybe even concieving a boy are greater.
    Imogine

Comment by Imogine (original poster) at 2:11 PM on May. 3, 2011