Clomid and Metform

My husband and I have been ttc for abut two years, and we have finally been put on clomid and metform. Has anyone had this combination work for them? I'm getting mixed messages online, if this doesn't work what are the next steps?

NikkiO29

Asked by NikkiO29 at 2:02 PM on May. 3, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• i used both of them for about a yr and a half..finally i got preggo..and got my dd..but i was ttc for about 4yrs prior to that..it takes time and this is not something you can rush..it works faster for some and slower for others good luck and if you have any more questions just ask..
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 2:04 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Did they increase your amounts over time?
    NikkiO29

Comment by NikkiO29 (original poster) at 2:15 PM on May. 3, 2011

• yes the did..i would be on one dose for about two months and if it didnt work we would increase it again..i was at the max dose of 250 for several months before it worked
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 2:24 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I did metformin and clomid, then they added actos as well. I didn't get pregnant until we used an injectable and did insemination.

I would only use the clomid under the care of a fertility specialist, personally, having done it with both a regular OB and a specialist. As inconvenient as it was, the close monitoring was what helped us diagnose me - I have PCOS - but already had 2 kids.

Remember, everyone's body is different and reacts in it's own way. Just because metformin alone didn't help me doesn't mean it won't help you.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 2:28 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I was on Metformin alone for a while then they added Clmid to the mix and I used it ONE cycle and got pregnant. I now have 3 year old twins!!! I wish you the best of luck!!
    younginx2

Answer by younginx2 at 12:03 PM on May. 4, 2011