Summer family traditions?

Does your family have any summer traditions? Like going to the beach every weekend, or amusement parks, or water parks?? My kids are 3 and 20 months and I would love to start some sort of a tradition...

BabyBugsmama

Asked by BabyBugsmama at 2:05 PM on May. 3, 2011 in Just for Fun

• we do a playground crawl. load the trunk with ice water, graham crackers, and a few other munchies and hit the road. we go to neighboring cities, towns, counties, etc to find new playgrounds we've never been to before. modern fancy ones, older retro ones with cool merry go rounds, whatever we can find. it generally ends up a day trip. we love knowing where the tallest slides are, the most interesting swings, etc.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:10 PM on May. 3, 2011

• My parents always took us camping for a week during the summer, and to the beach at least a couple times a month.
    NikkiO29

Answer by NikkiO29 at 2:08 PM on May. 3, 2011

• We go for a daytrip every year in July to a water park, and we go to the same beach every year for a week with my parents, my 3 brothers and their families, and my sister family (we've been going to the same place my whole life) - SO much fun!

Answer by missanc at 2:07 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Yes. We go to Carowinds every summer as a group. Now that I have 2 that are grown its still something we do and now for instance my oldest brings her own children. Its a time for us all to get together. We also try to go to my parents beach house once a year. Besides that we have a pool and pretty much use it every day in the summer and all of my kids and now grandkids know they can come over anytime in the summer and jump in.

Answer by gemgem at 2:11 PM on May. 3, 2011

• It used to be much like hibbingmom's answer but now we go to a difft. state park or nearby town (within 50 miles) to discover new and different things about them. Hiking is part of the program and complaining is not. We've had a blast so far and we also take the dog.
    Philly247

Answer by Philly247 at 2:13 PM on May. 3, 2011

• We road trip to Los Angeles and back every summer. It usually takes 3 weeks - 3-5 days to get there, a week - 10 days there, and 3-5 days back. We try to see and do new things along with the old favorites (Arches NP, Getty Center, Aquarium at Long Beach.) This summer DH will be with us the usual 10- 14 days and the kids and I will be gone for closer to 6 weeks. They are getting older and DH and I are starting a new business. This year may be the last hurrah for the road trip.

When we are at home we are lazy and do things if we want. We will camp on a friend's back 350 and play in their river, work on the farm.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 2:24 PM on May. 3, 2011

• As a girl I spent summers on Long Lake in Traverse City MI. We have a pool, so stick close to home. We also live near an amusement park and go there. We have a very nice zoo, and our faves..county fairs.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 3:49 PM on May. 3, 2011

• We go to the park alot, take our bikes and ride or a picnic basket, a friend, take the dogs for a walk. An easy cheap thing to do outdoors
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 1:35 PM on May. 4, 2011

• We go to the lake a lot! We also try to make sure we go fishing at least once a week.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 12:03 PM on May. 9, 2011