8th anniversary on the 14th - not this sat. but next Saturday - idk what to get for my dh... help me!!

8th Wedding Anniversary
Traditional Gifts: Bronze or Pottery
Modern Gifts: Linens or Lace
Celebrating: Ideas and Symbols
Related: 8th Anniversary Resources
Readers Respond: Read 8th Anniversary Stories and Gift Ideas

IF you are great with gifting please please help me - i really dont know what to get dh -- i do know of stuff he wants but i cannot afford it (he wants an ipad, laptop, flatscreen for the bedroom - but i am a TEACHER... cant just go buy that on a whim).... the ideas for 8th anniv are lame imo. his baby shoes were bronzed... i really dont think he would like a bronze statue... idk there... pottery isnt his bag... idk... what would you get him - he likes cars and sports and our dogs. our family. his lawn (yawn!) i dont know - help me out and gimme a bump if you dont know either. :)

AmaliaD

Asked by AmaliaD at 2:19 PM on May. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• easy way out, get him a gift card to a store he likes.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 2:22 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Can you get him something for the lawn (lol) that is made out of pottery, like a fountain or something? I have no idea, I'm terrible at gifts, but I'll bump this for you!
    kyuteangl88

Answer by kyuteangl88 at 4:47 PM on May. 3, 2011

• kyu that isnt that bad... i will search lowes.com... and if not the gift card thing is okay... idk for an anniv. more something i get for someone i really dont know.. but thanks for both suggestions.
    AmaliaD

Comment by AmaliaD (original poster) at 5:19 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I would get him a laptop from Dell. Is he a gamer? Dell offers a Dell Preferred account and charges no interest as long as you pay it off in one year and you can also set up automatic payments. They also sell flat screen tvs. You can go to deal websites like slickdeals.net and search for dell deals. Another one is xpbargains.com, dealdump.com, freshbargains.net, to search for dell deals and they offer discount codes and offers. Then you can call Dell direct and order over the phone or do it online, if you set up your Preferred account in advance. My husband loved receiving his Makita Reciprocating Saw, his Makita circular saw, his Makita cordless drill, and tools that make his home jobs easier. If your husband isn't into that, and you definately don't want to get him a Dell product, maybe you could buy a joint gift that you both want like exercise equipment, a vacation, hiring help for housecleaning etc.
    flightless

Answer by flightless at 7:32 PM on May. 3, 2011

• help for housecleaning - well - i would LOVE him to get that for me - maybe i will ask for that! combo anniv and mothers day even. as far as buying on credit - i am already paying off a few of those still - so i cant take on more debt. i wish i could - then i would have no questions about what to get him and buy the electronics... oh well. good ideas though! love the housecleaning idea.
    AmaliaD

Comment by AmaliaD (original poster) at 11:34 AM on May. 4, 2011