Age difference

What would you think of a 27 year old female dating a 21 year old male?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:26 PM on May. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• I don't know......Good for her? Or good for him? Not sure. I wouldn't think anything really.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 2:28 PM on May. 3, 2011

• hes over 18!! enought said..
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 2:27 PM on May. 3, 2011

• fun for a while, but don't see a long lasting relationship coming out of it.
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 2:28 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Age and numbers are so subject to interpretation.
    I currently have a friend who is 37 dating someone who is 28. My Aunt is in her 60's married to a man in early 40's.
    I say as long as both parties treat the other with respect and are mature enough to handle any relationship - then GO FOR IT!
    MrsDAP

Answer by MrsDAP at 3:15 PM on May. 3, 2011

• It depends on their maturity. I married a younger man and it was a huge mistake. Now I'm going to marry a man 10 years older than me.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 2:29 PM on May. 3, 2011

• i have a friend who has been in a relationship with a guy who is six years younger than her for 3 years now. they just had a baby in january. it seems to be working for them. there are moments when differences in maturity level cause issues. but not so often.
    june_kitten

Answer by june_kitten at 2:30 PM on May. 3, 2011

• My SO is 9 years older than me so I don't see a problem with it. My mother's SO is 10 years younger than her and they make a great couple.
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 2:36 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Why does it matter?? I'm sure they don't see it as a problem, so why should anyone else??
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 2:46 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I wouldn't think anything of it, it's just a number and sure maturity comes into play with any relationship. My aunt is 49, her SO is 37 but he has the maturity level of a 12 year old and in the last 10 years they've split up 3 or 4 times because of his crap but for the most part they're happy so honestly IMO age is just a number.
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 3:12 PM on May. 3, 2011

• depends how mature of a 21 year old he is. i personally wouldn't date anyone younger than 5 years under me and 5 years over me. 21 year old men are not really men yet. they are way to young to get into relationships because to me they are still immature, they are at the age where they can legally drink now, get into bars. but that depends on the people
    lucky35

Answer by lucky35 at 3:46 PM on May. 3, 2011