Why do we want what we cannot have?

sigh, I had a turkey sandwich for lunch...unheated guilty

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:06 PM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I was addicted to Dr. Pepper throughout my pregnancy....totally guilty of caffiene drugging
    Anonymous

• I'm a little lost as to your question. Why would you have to heat your turkey sandwich? You were'nt eating raw poultry right? The meat was cooked, yes?
    But as far wantign things we can't have while pregant, with my last two ALL I wanted was sushi. Heaping plates of raw fish. I never gave in, but boy did I want to!
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 3:09 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I had a turkey sandwich, it was cold but pre-cooked I was just being silly cause the pregnancy advice is to heat it up before hand.
    Anonymous

• i guess its just being pregnant i craved taco bell when i was pregnant with my son this time around i was burger ranch candy cane milkshakes lol
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 3:35 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• i couldnt get enough of salty food when i was preggo with my daughter and sugars when i was prego with my daughter...i felt guilty with both...did my best and tried not to eat too much
    shilohncobysmam

Answer by shilohncobysmam at 3:39 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I don't think one dose of something that is a no-no for pregos will hurt any of us. I craved alcohol at one point with my son, and no I'm not an alcoholic no I did not drink. I wanted cold cuts and tacos covered in tomatoes and lettuce with lots of sour cream. With my girl I craved anything sweet, I knew I was having a girl before they even told me.

wmbeener

Answer by wmbeener at 3:41 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I never even heard of that rule about heating a sandwich before you eat it...I first heard it the other day, so this is the 2nd time! I guess I'm guilty cuz I ate a lot of unheated sandwiches in both my pregnancies. lol. Oh, and I never gave up Diet Coke...but I did cut WAY back (to only 1 can a day from 3.)
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 4:32 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I just had a huge turkey sandwich yesterday. I fretted about deli meat in the first trimester, but now that I'm in my third I'll eat it. I'm not as paranoid.
    Anonymous

• I drank black tea (caffeinated) during my pregnancy. Also wasn't too good about heating up my lunchmeat, either. Something about warm lunchmeat just turned me off. My son is fine. =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:52 AM on Dec. 5, 2008