Am I ok for her 2nd B-Day?

My sweet-pea is turning 2 on Sunday (yea Mother's day is pretty cool!). Am I ok that we have not scheduled anything for family, friends or other baby friends on her day? I will make cupcakes and we will take her to Oaks Park ( a little amusement park in town here). I did sooo much to make her 1st B-Day special I guess I feel bad for not going all out for 2. What have you done - or how do I get over myself, cause I am sure it is all in my head.

moms rock

BreaknTheCycle

Asked by BreaknTheCycle at 2:28 PM on May. 3, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• As long as you sing to her with candles, that's enough.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:30 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Sounds great!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 2:30 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Don't feel bad we just did the same thing last Sunday for my son's 2nd bday. I ordered yummy cupcakes and we took him out to the park. There is too much family drama going on, & my dh has some grueling school at the moment involving ALOT of studying and it all worked out with a very happy day and happy Birthday boy.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 2:32 PM on May. 3, 2011

• sounds like fun.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 2:36 PM on May. 3, 2011

• The big party is such a hoopla sometimes I feel like it can overwhelm the child and they really aren't able to enjoy it or appreciate the amount of money and planning that goes into it, so it kind of ends up being more for the adults or older children anyway. I think a nice day with her parents and a trip to the amusement park will probably be so fun for your little 2 year old, and you will really be able to enjoy the time together instead of working on everything for a party. Plus you will get to enjoy Mother's Day, too. The last consolation is the fact that she won't remember it when she's older anyway so she can't guilt you about not throwing her a party.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 4:24 PM on May. 3, 2011