I need help...

I can feel myself falling further and further into depression and I just cant seem to climb my way out... I just feel like I have no control over my life and nothing ever gets better...All I do is cry all of the time now and I just cant control it, ive never felt so helpless over my own circumstances. DH is in the military and we have been stuck at our base for over 3 years..there is nothing here and I mean nothing..its not an exaggeration its a fact..

the base provides no support for spouses or family and I cant get help though ive tried to several times..Ive never tried to hard in my life to find a job with no success..Never even a call for an interview..theres no where to work but the base here. Ive tried to do volunteer work just to get myself out and I was told they dont have anything for me...My road block always seems to be lack of child care..we cant afford me to pay for child care unless im working so I cant volunteer because I cant take DD..

I want to go to therapy and talk to a therapist..I dont want pills..So my doctor gave me a referral and I was excited for once but I called to make my appt and they said I cant take DD which prob. isnt a good idea anyways and that they dont provide child care..none of them do..And we cant afford it..So I cant even talk to someone...People here dont do play dates..no one seems to want to leave their house..there are no activities here for spouses...The play groups here are awful, if you dont know the people they wont talk to you. I try go take DD to the park but its always raining ..These days im just too depressed to do anything. Im tired of being rejected for every job I apply for..im tired of trying to change my circumstances with no luck..Things just never get better...DH has tried over and over and over to get orders ..but we are denied every time...Ive never felt so crappy about myself and depressed..all I want to do is cry and be alone...I dont know what to do, everytime I try to better my situation or do something to help myself It never works...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:31 PM on May. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• The exact same thing happened to me. It was aweful! Why won't you take meds though? I did for a while and it helped greatly. And the orders finally came!
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 2:35 PM on May. 3, 2011

• here if u need to chat, just add me..... hang in there....
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 2:36 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Can you maybe enroll in school, you can use your DHGI Bill :) And go while he's home with your DD.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 2:43 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I have no idea where you are, but get out the local phone book and go to the yellow pages. Look for churches in the nearest town. Call them and ask if they have a mother's day out program or anything for moms with young children. Some have a group called MOPS. Talk to whomever answers the phone and tell them you are looking to meet young moms with young children. You are bound to find something that will meet your needs. Don't give up with one or two calls. Your better bets will be larger churches although some of the smaller ones around here have such programs, as well. There are other moms just like yourself. You just haven't been able to get in touch with them yet. These are free programs. The most that would be required would be that you volunteer once a month to watch the children of some of the other moms so they can go out. But even then, you will be making new friends. Give her a go!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:57 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I agree with the advice of reaching out to a church, or even joining a church and starting to go weekly. You will meet people and there are always families at churches. When I was younger I babysat for a lot of families that I knew thru my church. You could also try getting in touch with the United Way, they may be able to offer you help, or give you some money to pay for child care so that you can make your appointments. I know it's tough and there are times it feels like it will never get better, but you have to keep going, and you have to know that eventually it will get better, it's just hanging on long enough to get there and being able to try and try again until you make some progress. Don't give up though, you have a daughter and husband who need you and you deserve to be able to enjoy them and have a happy life. Hugs to you, Mama.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 4:09 PM on May. 3, 2011

• You may be thinking that your circumstances are making you depressed but it could be some other reason. I was very depressed after the birth of my 3rd child and it lasted for months and months. It turned out that my thyroid gland was doing flip flops after the birth of each child so I would be very weepy for a while and then, when my thyroid gland recovered, I felt fine. Except after the 3rd child it never recovered. All I wanted to do was sleep and be left alone. Then a new doctor discovered my thyroid hormones were so low and I had Hashimoto's Thyroiditis (autoimmune of the thyroid gland). The doc asked, aren't you so very very tired? I said, yes but then I have 3 small kids and no help. Anyway, the Synthroid made me feel so much better that I painted a rocking chair when I hadn't done anything besides the necessary basics in so long. Just thought I'd offer this info just in case....
    flightless

Answer by flightless at 6:34 PM on May. 3, 2011

• how old is ur child? i agree with school..u can do online classes..and take meds u wouldnt deny a diabetic insulin so u shouldnt deny urself meds that chemically assist with depression.it has been proven that after a certain amount of time depression can be due to lack of transmitters.. do some online research..i am not a dr..but take meds and after a few weeks the hole looks less deep the sun shines brighter..and if u are spiritual sometimes God has us in darker situations to 1- teach us to rely on him and 2- show that we are strong and can be strong..make a list of things u like and find ways to do them
    bethany0199

Answer by bethany0199 at 6:36 PM on May. 3, 2011