With gas prices

so high is anyone cancelling vacation plans this summer because of it? if so where were you planning on going?

lucky35

Asked by lucky35 at 2:33 PM on May. 3, 2011 in Travel

• We are heading out on a road trip we planned a year ago (with no idea that gas prices would be this high)! But we're not canceling. It is what it is and we are really looking forward it. But I have also warned the kids that we won't be coming home and doing anything extravagant the rest of the summer! They'll have to make do in the backyard pool!
    5BabyBees

Answer by 5BabyBees at 2:57 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Yes and no.

Our vacation plans are affected by the lowering of disposable income each month, not by the raising cost of the vacation itself.

We took a car tour, starting on East coast and going to Grand Canyon, Vegas, Yellowstone, and working back through South Dakota.
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 2:35 PM on May. 3, 2011

• We don't have our vacation planned yet, but I don't see us not doing something because of high gas prices.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 2:36 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Our trip is cancelled. I had cancelled it over drama my mom caused anyway but now with gas prices being what they are we probably would not have gone anyway. We were going to the beach house at the outer banks.

Answer by gemgem at 2:41 PM on May. 3, 2011

• We aren't changing any of our plans. We already have plane tickets for two trips and have paid for our cruise already. So we are set for a trip to Wisconsin and a cruise to Alaska. Later in the year I have a car trip planned with my Mom and I will not cancel that either.
    Keksie

Answer by Keksie at 8:06 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I'm not going to let it affect our plans for this summer.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 5:04 PM on May. 4, 2011