Do you

have friends that so cheap or don't want to split the bill evenly? only wanting to pay what they brought? would you pay evenly if some of you ordered drinks and others didn't?

lucky35

Asked by lucky35 at 2:34 PM on May. 3, 2011 in Food & Drink

• nope i would only pay for what i got..unless it was like dinner and we shared an appitizer or and entree that way i would split the bill..
    Anonymous

• That would be my MIL. She can go either extremely cheap (and whiney about how much my 13 yr old eats) or is extremely generous and will pay for the whole bill. You never know which way she'll be. So we usually just grab the check.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 2:37 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I am not cheap and I only pay for what I bought. I refuse to go out with 4 or 5 people and share the bill. Inevitably I will get a lesser priced item while others in the group eat steak and lobster. Why would I go even steven on that, especially if I had a chicken salad. I'm there to see my friends not go into debt!
    marshsmom

Answer by marshsmom at 2:37 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I always solve these problems with separate checks. Usually if I am eating w/ friends we have kids with so its easier that way anyway
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:37 PM on May. 3, 2011

• If some ordered drinks, then no I would only pay for what I ordered. I like to go out with my friends, but our finances are not equal - some of my friends are very wealthy, others not so much so to split the bill equally wouldn't be fair.

Answer by missanc at 2:37 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I guess I just have amazing friends because sometimes I treat and sometimes they do.
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 2:38 PM on May. 3, 2011

• We split the bill, also. If I had to pay for others all the time drinking or what ever
    I could not afford to go out at all.
    sew4heaven

Answer by sew4heaven at 2:39 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Well i would just to get it ot the way but next time i know how that person is so i wont split anything with them anymore...
    LadyWicked

Answer by LadyWicked at 2:41 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I'm one of those friends that either I'm paying for my own and running my own tab or I'm not drinking..I don't want to leave any restaurant or bar feeling like I owe anyone anything. Either that or I'm treating...
    VanessaMomof2

Answer by VanessaMomof2 at 2:44 PM on May. 3, 2011

• We always go separate. We learned that lesson with dhs sister... Holy cheap people!! They wanted to use one of our meals so they could use a cuopon and then got upset when we didn't want to give them the entire amount of money for our meal they used to get 50% off... Hello... They got the money off their meals too...
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 2:44 PM on May. 3, 2011