Has anyone's period pattern changed since turning 40?

My period, which has always been on time, has lately started changing. It usually comes every 28 days, but last month it was one week late, and now this month one week early. Has this been happening to any other ladies in their 40's who do not take birth control pills?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:38 PM on May. 3, 2011 in Health

• I believe that would be menopause.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 2:43 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Oh, great!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:47 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Mine is still fine, but what you describe is normal. We're not getting any younger!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:47 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I guess I am the odd ball ...mine were NEVER regular (even on b/c) but now (about the past year) every 26 days whether I want it or not! Last exactly 5 days and gone.
    brypmom

Answer by brypmom at 3:00 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I used to have my period for 5-7 days, but after 40 little by little things changed to where I only have it for two days. They have always been regular, but now shorter. I talked to the doctor and she did some tests to see if I am getting close to menapause, but the results were no. It could be perimenapuse. It can start up to 10 years before actual menapause. You can google and read about all the symptoms of perimenapause.
    Ashoonik

Answer by Ashoonik at 3:15 PM on May. 3, 2011