For Christians and those who believe in God

Do you ever feel like you don't have the same relationship with God that you used to have?

I used to feel Him as SUCH a presence in my life...I could FEEL Him in my life, working on me, making me a better person...recently I havent felt that at all and I miss it...I miss the relationship I used to have with Him....has anyone ever felt this way? and how did you restore the relationship?

If you don't believe in God and have chosen to answer anyway...please understand that I believe in God and nothing is going to shake that faith...if you decide to answer please only constructive advice about the question, not trying to prove to me that He doesnt exist. Thankyou so much ladies

Lucky209

Asked by Lucky209 at 3:02 PM on May. 3, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• God always remains the same. It is we who change or move away from him, and it can happen very subtly. We get too busy with good things to spend time doing the best thing which is to spend quiet time reading the Bible and asking God to speak to us through its pages. Or we let some sin take a stronghold in our lives, thinking that it doesn't matter. It doesn't have to be anything more ominous than a hateful attitude towards someone, but it's not pleasing to God. I also think it is very important to attend worship and hear the Word proclaimed every week and to be involved in the lives of other Christians and have them to share your struggles with so that they can pray with and for you. There's an old saying in Christian circles that says we are either growing in our relationship with God or we are regressing--there is no status quo. I believe that statement to be true. God said that we would find Him when we seek Him!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:11 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Pray honey! Go somewhere quiet and pray
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 3:03 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Tell HIM exactly what you just said to us! there is a song called (i think) Draw me close to you. I love it when I am feeling this way. It says draw me close to YOU never let me go, i lay it all down again to hear you say that i'm your friend help me find the way to bring me back to you.......Youre all i need Your all i've ever wanted youre all i need help me know you are near.

brypmom

Answer by brypmom at 3:07 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I have periods in my life when I dont feel as connected to the Divine as I used to but I realize its cuz of life and the stresses getting in the way. Those are the times that I try harder to remember to communicate daily(which usually means talking to them internally as if they were my friend visiting. This is my preferred way of communicating to them anyway but sometimes I forget).
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 3:11 PM on May. 3, 2011

• We all have seasons where we "feel" distant from Him and that is ok. Being that you are aware of this and want that relationship means you are on the right track. His view of you is so very different than your view of yourself. Nothing can ever separate you from the Love of Jesus and He is very near... however there are times when circumstances or heart issues that He wants us to deal with can sometimes cause that feeling of being distant. It is up to you to find out why you feel this way but conversing with Him your heart either verbally or inside a journal. Believe me He will answer! You are valuable to Him, You are worth His time! He is waiting for YOU! :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 10:25 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I just keep praying.
    Ashoonik

Answer by Ashoonik at 3:07 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Yes I have felt that way and think we get to a point where our growth becomes stagnant. You need to pray for God to work with you and open a new path for you or show you what he wants you to do. Tell him you miss the feeling you had before and want that back. It happens to almost everyone.

Answer by gemgem at 3:09 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I agree with the other ladies. Just pray. It's not God who's away from you, it's you who've drifted. I know, everytime I start feeling like things are bad, I don't know my way, I realize it's because I haven't been spending the time with God I need to. And, when I return to my quiet time, I once again feel like I'm on track,and I can feel God's presence around me. You will be in my prayers!
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 3:12 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I have gone through periods of that in my life as well and it takes time and faith but it happens. After a long time of feeling very detached from my faith I am finally finding my way back. Pray often and let God know you need help in restoring your relationship with him. He is there for you and I know he will help you and fill your soul with that wonderful feeling. You will get there :)
    cowboysgirl3227

Answer by cowboysgirl3227 at 3:49 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I have felt that way an often it was something that was in my heart that I never really realized. Pray and ask GOD to show you. Maybe you are harboring some unforgiveness in your heart towards some one. I also want to say I read a quote that said " a teacher never talks during the test" it may just be a time of testing for you. Keep on talking to GOD and use this time to draw closer to him. And when you are talking to him dont forget to listen!!!
    younginx2

Answer by younginx2 at 12:12 PM on May. 4, 2011