Help...

My son will be 2 at the end of July and he is very ROUGH at daycare. He goes to daycare with 2 other little girls his age and he has been hitting/pulling on one of the two lil girls! Our sitter sits him on his bottom and tells him no thank you and tells him he needs to use nice touches (and shows him what that looks like). It doesn't help! he still hits and pulls on her in spurts. He'll go play happy and come back a little later and do it more...

Anyways I need suggestions to help him understand that hittin'/pulling are not okay to do.

MommyYeoman

Asked by MommyYeoman at 3:17 PM on May. 3, 2011 in General Parenting

• Time out. 2 minutes of quiet time (a minute for each year for age). That means if he's crying/screaming, or doing anything unpleasant, that time doesn't count. He needs to be good! I also make my son apologize to me or whoever he did something bad to and remind him what he SHOULD do after the timeout. Then it's over and I'll hug him and tell him that I love him.
    ours

Answer by ours at 3:32 PM on May. 3, 2011

• smack his hand and tell him its not nice to hit?
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 3:19 PM on May. 3, 2011

• that doesn't work he just smiles and thinks it is funny :/
    MommyYeoman

Comment by MommyYeoman (original poster) at 3:20 PM on May. 3, 2011

• He doesn't have many words in his vocab yet so the apologzing won't work but I told her to try sitting him down and then going and showing the girls love/affection/attention so maybe he'll get the point that it's not okay. anytime we sit him down and tell him no he just smiles and thinks that we are joking or something.
    MommyYeoman

Comment by MommyYeoman (original poster) at 3:35 PM on May. 3, 2011

• This is horrible and I might get bashed but it worked for our son after trying everything... Whatever he did to his little sister, we did to him. He hit her, he got hit, he pushed her, we pushed him. ( never hard) we would then ask if he liked being hit or pulled on, or whatever, and he would say no. He would then have to apologize and say sorry for hit, pushing whatever to his sissy and give her a hug. After 2 days of this, we haven't had any problems.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 4:08 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Sadly I've tried that with him...it hasn't worked!! He just thinks that it is all funny :/
    MommyYeoman

Comment by MommyYeoman (original poster) at 4:10 PM on May. 3, 2011