Since Obama used Seal team Six to take Osama out,

and Seymour Hersh, The Pulitzer Prize winning Journalist for the New Yorker referred to them as Cheney's assassination team, does that now make them Obama's assassination team? He takes issue with the Seals not following normal chain of command and report directly to Bush, even though that is the norm with the Seal team.

Do I smell hypocrisy, mixed with a bit of BS?

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 3:26 PM on May. 3, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• eye rolling

twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 3:32 PM on May. 3, 2011

• By whom? Seymour Hersh?

If you're suggesting The president shouldn't have used the Navy Seals for the operation, then yes you do smell hypocrisy and BS. It's all over your shoes.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 3:32 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Of course :0), I was thinking about this last night. If Obama does it he is praised, Bush was bashed. Nothing surprises me anymore.

amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 3:37 PM on May. 3, 2011

• By whom? Seymour Hersh?

onethentwins

Answer by onethentwin

How are those shoes looking today?
    Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 3:40 PM on May. 3, 2011

• He as in who?? Wo is taking issue??
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 3:49 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Bush didn't succeed so it's not surprising that an irrelevant issue finds you with shit on your shoes.

parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 4:03 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Yes. You do smell hypocrisy ... actually I find all the "anti-war" leftists who screamed at Bush for a being a war-monger have been resoundingly silent of Obama's own war policies. I think they're all hypocrites.
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 4:10 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Eilish. I am anti war but that doesn't mean I am against the capture or death of a known terrorist, namely Osama. I'd prefer to be out of all the middle eastern oil wars but there isn't any reason the seals or other intelligence groups couldn't do the job they did.. Obama may have wanted to pull out last August but the Osama tip kept his focus elsewhere and it's not me or any of us to judge what he's doing. That does not make this anti-war leftist a hypocrite. I just want to rid the world of evil.
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 4:18 PM on May. 3, 2011

• By whom? Seymour Hersh? ~ onethentwins

By every single dem/lib/progressive that bashed Bush for what and how he did it and now praises Obama for doing the exact same thing in the exact same manner.

The difference that 'I' ~ personally ~ see is that Bush did what he did for the good of the country, the good of the military, and with the intent to rid the entire world of a threat. Obama only does it because he can't figure out a way to avoid doing it. He doesn't give a rat's patootie about the soldiers he commands (or he would NEVER have threatened to not pay them or attempted to make them pay for their doctors/care after being wounded), or this country ... his main goal seems to be to destroy it. Sorry, but there isn't enough stink pretty in the world to cover up that sort of stench.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 4:18 PM on May. 3, 2011

parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky 24 mi

The intel for the operation began in 2007.
    Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 4:29 PM on May. 3, 2011