Can someone explain how one can think this way

I was always told that God knows the day and the how you are going to die before you are even born. If this is true than how is disease cruel and suicide selfish? How is murder a crime etc.....? It was already in the cards, written by God that you would die this way...right?

2and2onway

Asked by 2and2onway at 3:34 PM on May. 3, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Not everyone believes fully in the ways of god
    campbellb3421

Answer by campbellb3421 at 3:37 PM on May. 3, 2011

• That would be one of the many reasons I don't believe god is pulling the strings. I don't believe that a god has control over any of it. That just doesn't make any sense to me.

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 3:37 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Just because God knows your going to kill yourself doesn't mean he made it happen. I believe in free will. But I guess ultimately it comes down to what a person believes.
    kayslay

Answer by kayslay at 3:38 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I don't believe in any of that mess.

Disease is a cruel way to die...Murder is horrible as well.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:39 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I dont think anything about disease being a terrible thing, but suicide I believe is. I think God has a plan for us and when we choose to take our own lives we are saying we know better than God. It might be written but I think at the end of it all we have free will, which means our destiny can change.

Answer by gemgem at 3:39 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Have you ever heard of a book called "why bad things happen to good people?" That book might answer some of your questions.
    Ashoonik

Answer by Ashoonik at 3:39 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I kind of want to hear from those who believe this is the way. I personally do not, I do not even know if I believe in God either, but this has always seemed odd to me.
    2and2onway

Comment by 2and2onway (original poster) at 3:39 PM on May. 3, 2011

• i don't really believe in all this crap. but i would say according to god murder would be sin because someone is interferring with the cards you were dealt..kwim?
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 3:39 PM on May. 3, 2011

• ..that is if you were looking at it from a christian pov
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 3:41 PM on May. 3, 2011

• shay but some people believe that God knows how you will die, so if you are murdered it was your time and it was written that way KWIM?
    2and2onway

Comment by 2and2onway (original poster) at 3:41 PM on May. 3, 2011